Chapter 11 - Torturing: My favourite kind of Monday

It was the 8th of December and the beginning of a whole new week. I already got through the weird part of living in the Mikaelson mansion, in a room that's just two doors away from Klaus's. I was pretty sure that Rebekah chose that room for me on purpose. Not to mention the other house mates: A bunch of weird Original vampires, Klaus and 12 hybrids that he made. 

Matt has his hands full trying to keep Rebekah busy organising the school's upcoming 1920s Decade Dance. I ordered him to do that, even if he almost did it all on his own. He looked like he loved her, just as much as she loved him.  

I did another thing that was actually really nice from me. I convinced Klaus to let Tyler come back in town. I was just watching him and Caroline from a window in the mansion. Caroline ran to Tyler, hugging him and they had one of those magical kisses that only happened in the movies. I smiled, looking at Klaus that appeared next to me, carefully studying my expression.

'' Who says I don't like happy endings? I never get them, but people like Caroline deserve them, '' I said.  

Caroline just turned in my direction. She smiled and thankfully nodded at me. 

Klaus shrugged. '' Maybe you'll get one, one day, love. You'll just have to be patient. ''  

I sighed. The relationship that I had with him right now was strange. We weren't friends, we didn't hate each other. I guess that we were just something in the middle. I didn't know what was wrong with me but in this right moment I remembered how Klaus asked me to stay with him.

- Flashback -  

1899 

It was the night after the royal dance when I met Rebekah and saw Niklaus again. I travelled to Paris in the early morning because I got bored of London. So I decided that it was time to change the air for a while.  

I always liked Paris and the top of the Eiffel tower was one of my most favourite places in the world.

I was on the there right now. I climbed up all by myself, I couldn't take the elevator, considering that it was about midnight, so it was closed. But the Eiffel tower looked magical and the view of Paris was amazing. I was leaning on the fence and watching the city, a thoughtful look on my face. The wind was making my long dark blew skirt float in the air around me. 

The wind suddenly made my big white that that kind of looked like a sombrero fly away. My long black hair that was hidden under it, spread around my head and started floating in the air because of the wind. I screamed with annoyance and tried to grab my hat, but it flew behind me. I turned around, trying to catch it, but then I suddenly stopped, my eyes wide with surprise.  

The figure, walking out of the shadows and holding my hat was no one else than the Original vampire, Niklaus Mikaelson.  

I instantly narrowed my eyes, suspicious. '' Are you stalking me? ''  

He stopped in front of me and a smile appeared on his face. '' I couldn't stop thinking about you. Believe me. I've tried, but I just couldn't. '' He smirked, still holding my hat. '' I prefer you without it, '' he added, touching one of my long, dark brown curls for a second. '' Why are you here? '' 

I shrugged and leaned on the fence for a second, looking at the ground that was far away. '' I like this place. It reminds me of... magic. '' Then I looked in to his light blue eyes again. '' What do you mean? Why couldn't you stop thinking about me? ''  

'' Perhaps you are unique, '' he said. I remembered that this was what I said to him last night, when we danced together.  

'' What are you saying? ''