Chapter 5

Once we had unpacked a little, I went outside. I needed to be alone for a while. I wasn't really used to being around this many people at once. I walked over to a little convenient store. Leonard stayed close to me as I walked around it. I grabbed some gum and a bag of pretzels. When I got to the counter, I saw the cigarettes. I told the man, at the counter, that I would take some and a lighter. He filled out my order and I left the store.

"That was a fake credit card, wasn't it?" Leonard said to me. I sighed and tried to ignore him.

"It was. You are a bad girl. So you like smoking? I hear that it is bad for you. I also hear that eaiting too many sweets are too, but no one ever really listens to that, do they?" He said. I smiled a little.

"Yes, it is a fake card and I do like smoking. What are you going to do about it?" I asked him as I pulled out the cigarettes. He then snapped his fingers and lit my cigarette. I looked at him and smiled.

"Thanks." I told him. When we got to the hotel, I sat on one of the benches as I smoked. This was really relaxing to me. I figured that I would have to go back in at some point.

"Are you going to get rid of me?" Leonard asked me. I sighed and let smoke out of my mouth.

"I might have to. Let's just see how it goes. I guess as long as you don't do too much, you can stay." I told him. I kind of liked the little creature. It was nice to have a secret friend.

"Here comes Nick. I think that he is going to talk to you." He told me. I sighed and waited until he came closer.

"Hey, Nick." I said with out turning my head around. I then blew out more smoke.

"How did you know that it was me?" He asked as he came and sat next to me.

"I have my ways. So what is it was you need?" I asked him. He sighed and looked at the street.

"I didn't think that you smoked." He said sa he pulled out a cigarette. I looked at him as he lit it.

"Well, there are many things that you don't know." I told him. Leonard was pacing around.

"Well just don't smoke around Zak. He has lung problems." He told me. I had no idea that he did. I looked at Nick, to see if he was telling me the truth.

"He does?" I asked him. He nodded his head and blew out some smoke.

"Is there anything else that I should know?" I asked him.

"He doesn't like talking about what he has seen when he gets possessed. I have gotten possessed, so I understand why." He told me. That would make sense. Usually they made you think the worse thing that you could ever think of, plus worse.

"Why didn't you choose to investigate?" Nick said, which broke the awkward silence.

"I don't think that I should. You know that I see things. You deal with a lot of those things. I don't think that me pointing or reacting to something that isn't on the camera is a good thing." I told him. That was a good cover.

"That isn't it." He said. It wasn't that bad. I thought that was a good cover story. 

"Fine. I don't like the way that Zak yells at them. I don't like the way that he creates a hostile enviroment for you and the spirits. I have seen your show once or twice and his style isn't what I like." I confessed. I was done with my cigarette and he was finishing his. 

"There we go. Thanks for finally being honest with me." He said as he got up to go back in the hotel. I could hear something in his voice that sounded really snobby.