Chapter 2

It had been a week since I last heard from Zak. I was actually really glad that I hadn't heard anything from him. That meant that things were okay for him and that he didn't need my help. I still wanted to know how it was going, though.

But all this changed when I checked my email at a coffee shop. I saw that I had one from him. I sighed and opened it. My stomach was clenching as it loaded. The subject was simply, "A little help?". When it loaded, I my fears were realized.

He didn't do it right. If he didn't do it right, then it would have just stirred up the demons. I read that things had gotten worse for him. He left his private number for me to call him with. I sighed and picked up my cheap ass phone. I flipped it open and I dialed the number.

"Hello?" I heard Zak say from the other end. He was quick with phone calls. I was impressed.

"It's Lea. I got your email. Where are you?" I asked him. I was looked at some people and they seemed to be enjoying each other's company.

"I am in New Orleans, Louisana. Where are you?" He asked me. Louisana?

"You are in the settling place of voodoo?" I asked him. This was bad. That was probably why he was having a harder time. It wouldn't surprise me if he picked more up.

"Yeah, I know that it sounds bad, but it is my job." He told me. He was going to use that for an excuse for everything.

"Are you a fucktard? Or do you just seem to be like this?" I asked him calmly as I packed my laptop back in it's bag.

"Excuse me?" He replied. I then started to walk out of the coffee house.

"I will be there in 6 hours. I will call you when I get near you." I told him. He sighed on the other end.

"I will see you then." He told me. I sighed and hung the phone up. At least I didn't need to find a new town, now. That was now a second priority. 

I got in my car and cranked the radio up. This was going to be a long drive, then I figured it would be a headache working with Zak too. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Once I arrived in New Orleans, it was already dark. I had called Zak and he told me the hotel that he was at. It wasn't too hard to find. When I pulled up, I saw that it was a really nice place. There was no way that I was going to be able to afford this hotel. Or at least afford it and get away with it.

The inside was grand, but quaint. It was very nice. I walked to the elevator and to Zak's floor. It was really late, so I wasn't expecting him to be awake and start working, right now. I walked to his room and I knocked on the door. This would be at least a roll call, at the least. 

"Hey, there you are." He said as he answred the door. I walked in the room and I looked around. He had picked up a couple more and they were pissed at him. None of them were happy to see me and I knew that they were going to fight me. I then turned to face him. He was wearing a tight black shirt and a pair of sweats.

"Here I am. I guess we can start tomorrow. I just wanted to see how bad it was. Is it hard for you?" I asked him. I could see the bags under his eyes.

"Yeah, it is, actually." He admitted to me. I nodded my head and looked back around the room.

"I guess you should head off to sleep. What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked him.

"We are going to be filming some dramatic scenes and some interviews." He told me.

"What time should we start?"

"How long will it take?" He asked me.

"It will take a long time, but we are going to start small. It will be tiring." I warned him. He closed his eyes and sighed.