Head Cannons!

James got one more O.W.L. than his father: History of Magic. The exam was the easiest one, seeing as the majority of questions were about Harry.

When Harry and Hermione came over to help Arthur Weasley set up the television he asked them hundreds of questions, most of them about how electricity worked. He had to be restrained from trying to electrocute himself because he wanted to see "Just exactly how it felt".

Albus Severus Potter often visited the portrait of Severus Snape, and they would have long talks about Hogwarts and Potions in particular. Once when Albus was just about to get on the Hogwarts Express, he was talking to his father about Snape and how he thought he was a charming man. Harry asked him what Snape’s portrait was like, he told him that it was dark and bland, with potion vials scattered around and books in heaps on the floor. Harry wasn't surprised; he pictured the potions dungeons in his head from when he was at Hogwarts. However, when Albus proceeded to tell Harry that on the desk in Snape’s portrait stood a vase of lilies, which seemed to be the brightest and prettiest thing in the picture, Harry let out a little smile, hugged Albus and continued to help him get his trunk onto the carriage.

Ron was helping Hugo with his spells one day, and Hugo mispronounced Wingardium Leviosa. Ron said, "It's Leviosa, not Leviosah." Hermione caught his eye, and they laughed for a good few minutes, much to Hugo's curiosity.

During Colin Creevey’s funeral many people came to lay flowers by his grave. Harry wasn't one of those people instead he brought a photo and placed it gingerly beside the flowers. Even though many years had passed and Colin had grown up into a brave and heroic man Harry still couldn’t help but think of him as the excitable young first year who had wanted a photo of him. The photo that was left at Colin’s grave bore Harry’s signatures crawled in the corner. It was the only autograph Harry ever gave.

When Ron suggested that his daughter punch Scorpius Malfoy in the face if he ever gave her trouble, Hermione was about to reprimand him for promoting violence – until she realized she herself wasn't exactly innocent.

Harry kept all of the sweaters Molly knitted for him over the years. When she saw them folded in his cupboard one day, she cried.

George sent along a box of Custard Creams with Roxanne as a gift to Neville on her first day of Hogwarts. She didn't speak to her father for a week when her Herbology professor turned into a canary in the middle of class.

Straight after the war, not all was well. Harry was conflicted over intense feelings of guilt and remorse for the people who had fought with him, even going as far to say he wished he'd never met the Weasleys’. Ginny promptly punched him in the nose.

When a young Teddy Lupin was told his father was a werewolf, he thought he had the coolest dad ever.

Ron sympathised with Hugo when the little boy refused to let anyone touch his teddy bear.

At Luna's wedding to Rolf, Hermione and Ginny, as her bridesmaids, wore yellow dresses which Luna made herself.

Lily, Rose and Roxanne's parents never bought them any pink cardigans.

 Rose Weasley may have inherited her mother's brains, but it's not where her fear of spiders originated from.

Neville Longbottom's son was sorted into Gryffindor before the Sorting Hat even touched his head.

On Ron's birthday, the entire family joins in for a rousing rendition of "Weasley is Our King"

Family dinners are occasionally opened with "NITWIT! BLUBBER! ODDMENT! TWEAK!"

Arthur Weasley attempted to refrain from asking too many questions when he and Molly sat down to dinner with Hermione's parents, but eventually could not keep it in any longer. The Grangers were thoroughly amused.