The True Story Behind Twilight

The Real Story behind Twilight:

Bella invented Edward and all the other characters. The references to how she’s so pale, her irregular heartbeat and all the weird stuff about her breathing were all hints to the truth. Bella is a sickly, lonely girl trapped in a hospital (Forks). To keep herself occupied she invented a fictional world with a perfect boyfriend and lots of friends. Edward is a vampire because Bella has a condition called Polycythemia Vera.

Polycythemia Vera is a disease that causes the victim to create too many red blood cells. Symptoms of this are fainting, dizziness, breathing difficulties and bluish skin colour. Bella knows about her disease and therefore sees her own blood as an enemy. Thus, a vampire could drink her blood and solve her health needs, while a vampire could solve her emotional needs because Bella is so alone. In her mind she combines the two and created a vampire boyfriend.

When James beats her up it represents Bella undergoing treatment for her disease (chemotherapy). Furthermore another treatment for PV is to draw ‘blood’ from the patient which was represented in the book by Edward sucking her blood. Finally in the last scene, when Bella says she ‘doesn’t want anything to end’ she is talking about death. The treatment didn’t work, she’s dying. When they kiss at the end that is Bella’s death. Her last thought is of her perfect, fake boyfriend.

Mind Blown