Why Harry Potter Is AWESOME!

• Dedicated to Fred Weasley- You will be forever in our hearts <3

1.NO. ONE. GLITTERS.
2.There is a larger variety of characters. It is a smorgasbord of magical beings!
3.J.K. Rowling is a better writer.
4.It is not a sappy love story.
5.Appeals to boys and girls.
6.Appeals to kids and adults.
7.What scares you more LORD VOLDEMORT or James?
8.Rowling created her own world. Meyer used an already existing one.
9. Hermione is an independent, smart young woman, whereas Bella is a clingy, needy child.
10.Richer plot.
11.The Harry Potter series ended in a more realistic way. What I mean was, there were casualties. Fred died; George got his ear cut off; Dumbledore and Sirius died. Somehow in the Twilight series, Bella ended up with everything she could have wanted - a perfect life.
12.Harry, Ron and Hermione mature as the book progressed. Bella, if possible, became more childish.
13.Meyer’s werewolves are wimps. Fenrir Greyback? He’s got balls!!
14.Twilight is FAR too predictable!
15.Rowling’s characters have believable flaws.
16.There is actually humor in Harry Potter.
17.The characters are not entirely evil or entirely good.
18.There are clues put in the first books that will eventually have a great significance later on.
19.Rowling develops background knowledge for each of her characters.
20.Stephen King has never told J.K. Rowling that she cannot write.
21.Robert Pattinson plays a better character in Harry Potter than Twilight. (He has admitted that he too, does not like Edward.)
22.Rowling does not describe the perfect man to be possessive, abusive, over-protective or stalker-like.
23.Bella gets everything she wants. Harry and his friends must make sacrifices.
24. There are UNICORNS in Harry Potter. Enough said
25.Little details in Harry Potter turn out to be significant later.
26.Do we really need to hear how “beautiful” Edward is?
27.Twilight promotes necrophilia and pedophila 
28.There are no clichés.
29.Quidditch v. Baseball. You decide.
30.There are no annoying love triangles.
31.There are no pedophiles
32.Harry Potter is full of surprises and leaves you clinging to Rowling’s every word.
33.Harry is loyal to his friends. Bella abandons her when she meets “the love of her existence”.
34.Look at the school bullies: Draco Malfoy and Lauren. All Lauren really does is make faces at Bella and rolls her eyes. Draco freaking tries to kill Harry. Winner?  I’m thinking Draco.
35.JK Rowling EXPLAINS everything. Why Snape hated Harry but saved his life whenever he was in trouble. Why Ludo Bagman kept helping Harry. Why Draco turned out to be so insecure... It isn't like that in Twilight. Some things are explained and some things are not. Connect the pieces; please... it makes a story better.
36.More interesting chapter headings.
37.Rowling fights. Meyer talks it out. 50 points for Rowling!
38.Besides her clinginess, Bella does not resemble a real teenager.
39.The characters have more colorful names, i.e. Luna Lovegood, Albus Dumbledore, and Viktor Krum v. Mike, Angela, and Jessica.
40.Even the secondary characters are endearing.
41.Twilight in NO WAY a forbidden love like Romeo and Juliet.
42.Bella, after having NO experience in relationships, decides that the first handsome boy she meets is her soul mate. Harry, after a brief period with Cho Chang, falls for his best friend’s sister, who also happens to be his friend as well.
43.Meyer is a firm believer in “tell, don’t show”.
44.Meyer likes to make up her own rules, while Rowling researches old lore and ancient beliefs.
45.Harry is not a stalker. He has never watched Ginny in her sleep.
46. The Cullens are idolized and envied, whereas Harry, Ron and Hermione have many friends, but they also have a lot of enemies. What’s life without conflict?
47.Edward is a 100-year-old virgin.
48.Rowling obviously knows how to edit her writing.
49.Hermione is always shown studying or reading and getting top marks in all her classes. Bella somehow manages to pass all of her classes without doing any homework. Hmmm…
50.Ginny understood that Harry needed to fight Voldemort, and accepted it. Bella made a fuss and didn’t let Edward protect the town against a swarm of vampires.
51.Only bad guys die in Twilight. That's extremely unrealistic. There was a 'war' in both Eclipse and Breaking Dawn yet only the bad guys die. Every single 'good' person lives.
52.Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry v. Forks High School. WIN!
53.Edward can’t read Bella’s thoughts because she doesn’t have any.
54.Twilight teaches kids that abusiveness is "selflessness".
55.Meyers attempt at creepy characters was an epic fail.
56.Bella fears that she will be older than Edward, impossible; Edward is over 100 years old. She will NEVER be older than him. Ever. Unless he dies... Can we make this happen?
57.Twilight has driven girls to become very hostile.
58.When Twilight fans dress up as the characters, you can’t tell because they dress like regular people. When Potter fans dress up, you can’t miss them.
59.Harry's parents are dead, unlike Bella's parents who of course don't die because they have nothing to do with the story.
60.Charlie should have been arrested for neglect when he clearly saw that his daughter was depressed and did not get her into counseling.
61.The old people in Harry Potter actually look old.
62.The Death Eaters succeeded in killing Albus Dumbledore :( The Volturi did not manage to kill Edward.
63.Vampires can’t apparate.
64.Voldemort is so evil, that people do not speak his name. Can’t say the same for the Volturi.
65.Twilight is extremely sexist and encourages women to submit to the “superiority” of men and prevent them from becoming strong independent figures like Ginny or Hermione or Professor McGonagall.
66.The Cullens have been around for hundreds of years and the ONLY thing they can think of to do all day is go to high school?
67.One character in Harry Potter has more complexity than ALL of the Twilight characters put together.
68.Meyer gave away the ENTIRE plot of the book by putting the quote on the back of the book. Really, all you need to do is read the back and that’s all you need to know about Twilight.
69. (Haha 69, sorry Im immature :D ) Twilight spoofs are better than the original. Harry Potter spoofs are funny, but the original is always number one!
70.Harry. Potter. Puppet. Pals.
71.Many Potter fans grew up along with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Therefore creating a connection with them, Twilight will NEVER be able to duplicate.
72."And Fred's eyes stared without seeing, the ghost of his last smile still etched upon his face." HOW DOES THAT NOT MAKE YOU CRY?!?!?!?!
73.Harry Potter doesn’t advertise suicide.
74.Snakes talk.
75.Harry Potter titles make sense. How did Meyer come up with her titles? Did she pull them out of her butt?
76.People remain loyal to each other in HP. Jacob left his family for a person who didn’t love him. Alice left her family without telling them just to follow a hunch.
77.In Harry Potter, even the bad guys are likable. I felt only revulsion towards the “villains” in Twilight.
78.Harry sacrificed himself to save the people he loved. Bella hid behind Edward.
79.Harry didn’t have to be hot for people to like him. But Twilight fans must constantly be reminded that Edward is hot.
80.There is no comic relief in Twilight.
81.If the assumption that Bella and Edward are like Romeo and Juliet, they would have had to die. James and Lily died to protect their son.
82.Harry Potter has Helena Bonham Carter. Twilight just can’t compete with that.
83.Harry didn’t fall in love with Ginny because she was perfect of beautiful.
84.What does Meyer mean by “reading too much into it”? Isn’t that what a book is for?
85.Rowling uses a varied vocabulary. Meyer uses “chagrin”.
86.Harry Potter fans don’t put a Z at the end of every plural noun.
87."A dream inspired me to write Twilight." - Stephenie Meyer
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" - Albus Dumbledore. DUMBLEDORE HAS SPOKEN!!
88.JK Rowling is not afraid to kill her characters.
89.Harry Potter has the support of My Life is Average. Twilight had to create its own website to get any recognition.
90.Bella can’t go five minutes without tripping over something. I think I know who would win in a duel.
91.Potter fans do not try to kill others who express a different opinion than their own.
92.Meyer failed to realize that men are not referred to as “beautiful”. No male character was described a beautiful in Harry Potter.
93.Twilight stole “Black” and “Clearwater”.
94.Twilight doesn’t have a theme song. (A/N everyone has been telling me twilight does have a theme song. I've seen most of the movies but I have picked up on no theme song? Someone link it to me? Now in HP's defense, we have a more recognizable theme song. When you think HP theme song, you immediately think Hedwig's Theme)
95.JK Rowling doesn’t abandon her characters.
96.Twilight is Stephenie Meyer’s sexual fantasy. JK Rowling came up with Harry Potter.
97.There are two real fight scenes in Twilight.
98.There are no good insults in Twilight. Whereas mudblood…
99.Harry Potter has never ruined friendships.
100.Bella blatantly disregards her father’s rules by letting Edward into her room at night. Harry Potter instills better family values than Twilight.
101. Dobby, Winky, Hokey... maybe even Kreacher. House elves are awesome!
102. Jacob BLACK rides a MOTORBIKE and can turn into a WOLF. Thats original!
103. There's fantasty, drama and a little bit of romance.
104.Harry Potter fans aren't vain and we don't base our favourite books depending on how "hot" the vampires and werewolves are
105. Harry Potter is the hero who conquered the Dark Lord. Bella Swan is the heroine who conquered The Volturi...oh wait, no she didn't. That's right...she just blocked their powers with her mental barrier and let them walk away after killing an innocent vampire. That's justice for you
106.Vampires die in the sunlight, don't they? They do not sparkle. I don't understand why teenage girls are going crazy over this. Surely sparkling is something a girl would like to do. Not something a girl would like her boyfriend to do!
107. Also, a vampire without fangs? Seriously?? Isn't that just a deranged human?
108. Team Edward and Team Jacob are just a way to cause arguments amongst Twilight fans. I think it's safe to say that most Harry Potter fans respect whether another prefers Harry, Ron, Fred, George, Bill, Sirius, Lupin, Snape, Draco or even Voldemort!
109.Twilight fans seem fond of the question "Who would win in a fight, Vampires or Wizards?" To which I have to say...AVADA KEDAVRA!
110.The true love in Twilight, however lovely to read about, is completely unrealistic. Whereas the romantic aspects of Harry Potter are built up over time to reflect the reality that is even incorporated into a magical world.
111. Rosalie Cullen may be the perfect, bitchy, blonde haired beauty who is really very nice underneath it all. But I'm sorry, Fleur Delacour is all that and more-she's even part veela for crying out loud. And she gets Bill who is far cooler than Emmett.
112. Remus Lupin is typical of the mythological werewolves whereas the Twilight werewolves are just a shoddy version of a shapeshifter. Aren't shapeshifters supposed to change into whatever animal they want to? I wanted to be a otter. Thanks Meyer. Way to kill a dream!
113. Harry Potter is comedic and Ronald Weasley (what a beaut) made me laugh out loud several times throughout ALL of the books. So did Fred & George...actually Harry, Hermione and Ginny did sometimes. I barely laughed at all during the Twilight saga. And in all honesty, laughter is good for the heart and the soul. Isn't that what they say?
114. Harry Potter fans are more mature than Twilight fans (not all but most of the time) because Harry Potter is about a fight for survival, a struggle for happiness and a love that is more powerful than evil. Twilight is mainly a love story based around a love triangle. Harry Potter is much more complex!
115. I'm very sorry for those who are Team Jacob. But...he imprints on a baby? Really? It might not be paedophilic but...it's still very creepy.
116. Harry leaves Ginny for her own protection so she smiles with a broken heart, continues to learn defence against the dark arts with the DA and battles against the Death Eaters. Edward leaves Bella for her own protection and she curled in a fetal position and went numb for months... then jumped off a cliff. I think I know who I'd rather be.
117. Edward might be able to read minds but Snape could teach us all Occlumency to sort out that problem. Also, Voldemort's Legilimency is much more powerful and effective than Edward's weak attempt at mind reading. And Aro's is an absurd concept. Meyer needs to pay attention to Snape. "Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls," ... "the mind is a complex and many layered thing.
118. Werewolves throw off Alice's predictions of the future? Well, they don't throw off Sybill Trelawney's!
119. Harry Potter allows you to fall in love with a characters personality rather than blinding you with visions of their perfect looks.
120. Twihards got really personal and said that all Harry Potter fans are geeks with spots and greasy hair. Well, I don't fit that description and I'm sure most of Harry Potter's fanbase don't either. Just saying...I think you make yourselves seem very vain.
121. Twilight is taking over too much of my life. Give up on all the merchandise, would you? I'd rather read my HP books than wear a T-shirt of it. It makes it seem as though the books and film haven't made enough money. Stop milking it please. Thanks!
122. Harry and co. learn Defence against the dark arts, Potions, Charms, Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures etc etc etc. How amazing would that be? Bella and co. learn Maths, Science, English...P.E? Oh how...imaginative.
123. Alright, so Vamps and Werewolves can run pretty fast. So join the olympics why don't you? Witches and Wizards can apparate or jump on a firebolt! Hmmm...flying a magical broomstick & disappearing into thin air & appearing somewhere else...or do I just want to run? Toughie, that one!
124. Did the Twilight movies do better than the Harry Potter ones? I'm not sure. But if they did then that's their only consolation because the Harry Potter books are a worldwide phenomenom (one of the bestselling books EVER) and will be for years. Twilight is just a teen craze.
125. Oh woohoo Vampires can live forever! Who wants to live forever when "death is but the next great adventure"???
126.Harry Potter = Wizards, Witches, Animagi, Werewolves, Ghosts, Poltergeists, Vampires, Dragons, Veela, Cornish Pixies, Fairies, Leprechauns, Giants, Unicorns, Basilisks, Trolls, Goblins, Centaurs, Muggle borns, Squibs etc.
Twilight = Vampires, Shapeshifters, Vampires, Shapeshifters...erm...humans?
127. Harry sacrificed himself to save the world. Edward sacrificed himself to...oh no, he just wanted to die because he thought Bella was dead
128. Fred and George Weasley are legends and cannot be compared to anyone in Twilight
129. Edward's eyes change colour when he's hungry? How nice. Tonks can change her entire appearance whenever. Plus, Hermione can whip me up a polyjuice potion anytime!
130. Ron and Hermione actually get on each others nerves and argue because they have human emotions! Edward wasn't even angry when Bella cheated on him. When is that guy going to grow a backbone?
131. Although I can't stand him, Snape dedicated his life to good just because of his love for Lily. That's what you call dedication. You might wanna take some notes Miss Swan.
132. Neville Longbottom (the stereotypical loser) was a hero and killed Nagini, shattering many stereotypes and instilling the readers with faith.
133. Harry Potter is so heartbreakingly brilliant that nobody can read The Deathly Hallows and not cry.
134. Hagrid. Enough said. He's jollier than Santa!
135. The names of the Harry Potter characters have deep and meaningful reasons behind them. Eg. Albus = White (in latin) perfect for the Dark Lord's worst fear. And Dumbledore = Bumblebee...Rowling said that she "liked the idea that this music lover might absent-mindedly hum to himself". Whereas the names used in Twilight can only kind of be applied to the characters. And Bella = beautiful...yet she is described to be very plain. Hmm...?
136. The ending of Harry Potter has a mirror of the beginning with Teddy Lupin losing his Auror parents (but because Voldemort is defeated, he gets a nice life) Unlike Breaking Dawn which ends with...wait for it.."The End"..oh how original.
137. I don't care how fast Edward and Jacob are at running, Grawp could smush them with his big feet in a second.
138. Speaking of Grawp, his knowledge consisting of "Hagger" and "Hermy" are actually much more useful than the knowledge in Twilight. Ouch. Sorry...harsh. But you guys asked for it!
139. Hermione is quick thinking, clever and knowing. Bella is slow and terrible at thinking on her feet.
140. Oooh! Halloween at Hogwarts anyone? Hagrids giant pumpkins, amazing decorations and another beautiful dinner? But you know, I think I'd even enjoy Sir Nick's deathday party!
141. The reasons I have listed are far more valuble and informative than the ones on the Twilight fan page which just goes on about how "Vampires are WAY hotter than wizards" Uh. Ok.
142. With regards to 141, although I do not under any circumstances base which I prefer on looks, I'd just like to point out that Lautner's body was camera enhanced in New Moon and Pattinson had his abs painted on. At least when Dan "got naked with a horse" he was brave and comfortable enough to do it in his own skin.
143. Edward my dear, you can run but you can't hide. Harry...you have an invisibility cloak so...I guess you can run and hide. Good for you! :)
144. Do you ever see Hermione or Ginny throwing themselves at Ron or Harry? No. You do not. Because Ginny matures and realises that she has to be patient to get the man she loves and Hermione is just classier and smarter than Bella.
145. I am Lord Voldemort = Tom Marvolo Riddle. So clever! And then there's Aro...yeah, beautifully and cleverly created that name, Meyer
146. Voldemort is the most powerful dark wizard ever known. So if Harry managed to defeat him, he could easily defeat Edward, Jacob and Bella put together. Don't try him ;)
147. It is possible to read the Harry Potter books over and over and over again and never get bored of them due to their breathtaking, awesome, thrilling and simply amazing storyline which should appeal to anyone and everyone.
148. Do you see a parody movie of Harry Potter? Vampires Suck is a trillion times better then the actual twilight series!
149. Rowling actually thinks of what she names everything. For ezample, Knockturn Ally, not a place you want visit nocturnally! Voldemort means flight of death in French. Bella means beautiful....
150. Bella sucks. About the most Mary-sue character I think anyone could have pulled off. I mean... "I'm oh so average, but seventeen guys have fallen in love with me on my first day of school". Her only "flaw" is that she is clumsy, but really, that just serves in making her more adorable and all the better for everyone to swoop in and save through all-too-convenient mishaps. Not to mention, people are saying she's a great role model? She is a teenage girl who wants to give up everything, her family and friends (whom she treats like scum), her life, for a boy whom she "loves" only because he's so freaking sparkly gorgeous. She has no dreams, turns down a great college to marry said disco ball and conceive demon spawn at age 18, right before she dies a horrific death after begging new husband to sleep with her for six thousand monotonous pages.
151. There are awesome breakdancers in Goblet of Fire!
152. Haha, little tiny wizards get stabs with forks and horses drink single malt whiskey!
153. Harry Potter has a theme park. Step up your game Twilight!
154. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Vampires DONT sparkle!
155. A lot of people say that Twilight must be better because it caused others to write vampire novels. That doesn't make it good! It just means a lot of other people can write exactly what Meyer did. Thats not as speacial and unique as Harry Potter.
156. Rowling is richer than the Queen. THAN THE BLOODY QUEEN! That tells you something! In 2008 she earned 5 pounds every SECOND!
157. The least successful HP movie (Prisoner Of Azkaban) earned 90 million dollars more then the most successful Twilight movie!
158. Dobby. No need for explanation.
159. Harry Potter was popular before the movies came out. Seriously I hadnt even heard of Twilight before my friend showed me the first movie.
160. They had to prolong the release time of one of the Harry Potter books because kids were skipping school to buy the new book. Ownage!
161. When kissing, Edward looks like he is in pain. Harry kisses like he's in love.
162. Rowling paints a mental image in your mind (best author for imagery) because when she was talking about Hogwarts, I knew exactly what it would look like. When Meyer was desperately trying to explain the Cullen house, I was lost and confused
163.  I am a HUGE feminist (So is alexanoelle, Thanks for the suggestions!) , and Harry Potter shows the strength, power, creativity, and genius means of a woman. Twilight shows the pathetic, desperate little girls thinking that their first kiss is their soul mate.
164. In the idiotic words of Charlie Sheen, Rowling = "WINNING!"
165. Hermione has class, the brains, the unique beauty, and the courage. Bella is pathetic, boring, and she constantly looks like a miserable stoner. Plus, she talks like she is illiterate. FAIL! 
166. There are, like NO gingers in Twilight!
167. Meyer copied Rowling with the girl, her best friend and her best friends enemy love triangle. (Lily/James/Snape)
168. She also said Renesmee had her fathers hair and her mother's eyes. That doesnt sound like Harry at all!
169. (Hehe :D ) Meyer abandons her characters. For example, Mike, only metioned when he's asking Bella out. Jessica, only metioned when Bella is criticising her of gossiping all the time. Esme, only metioned when something bad happens. Tyler OMG! HE ALMOST HIT BELLA WITH HIS VAN ( Too bad he missed D: ) AND HE IS NOT METIONED FOR THE REST OF THE CHAPTER OR BOOK OR SERIES!!
170. Esme is described as motherly. Yet she only speaks like three times each book! Mrs Weasley is Harry and Hermione's second mother! She supports them and takes care of them!
171. Harry Potter fans seem to come up with better reasons than 'its awesum!!!111'
172. J.K.R doesn't consistently use overly fancy words to make their readers feel smart for reading her books.
173. It took time for Hermione and Ron (And Harry and Ginny) to fall in love. Hermione didn't just glance at Ron and instantly form an obsession with him
174. Bella was slightly disturbed when Jacob falls in love with her daughter, but managed to keep in control of herself. Jacob nicknames her child 'Nessie' and she tries to kill him. There is something wrong with her.
175. The Quileutes are an actual tribe that S.M chose to put them in the books because they 'live near forks'. She made mythology for real people.
176. Harry is more devoted to the parents he has never really met than Bella is to her mother and father that she supposedly 'loves'.
177. Harry Potter had a real battle, where real action, death, and victory took place. In twilight, all they have is a group of ancient vampires that come and say "oh looks like your not guilty, forgive us for coming over."
178. J.K.R puts SOME of her own traits in Hermione, where as S.M thinks she IS Bella.
179. If you're a Twilighter or you don't agree with what I've just said, then you're obviously a filthy mudblood-muggle, still bitter about the fact that you didn't get your Hogwarts letter of acceptance. Let it go already. Can't you see what that did to Petunia? :)
180. There are 180 reasons why Harry is awesome and there are plenty more! Twilight has less then 50 and most are the the same reason just worded differently or are all 'Edward is hot, Jacob is hot, There are no hot guys in HP' Get a life!