Chapter 23: Revenge - Part 2

Mackenzie's POV:

Brynn and I walk up the steps entering my house, which contains Maddie inside. We are extra careful not to make much noise, since Maddie is an extremely light sleeper.

She is like a hawk when she wakes up. A gorgeous, evil hawk with eyes in every direction.

Brynn and I every so slightly tip-toe up the steps of my household, and enter the dark, dark second floor.

We look down the hall that has 3 rooms. One side of the  hall had the rooms and a wall, and the other was guarded off by a railing.

"Which room is Maddie's?" Brynn asks.

"Maybe the one with Maddie in pink sparkly letters on the door?" I say

Brynn looks at me annoyed.

"Just a lucky guess." I add.

I then gently turn the handle to her room, and slowly open it, causing a loud creaking sound to fill the dark, empty halls of the house.

Brynn's eyes fill with terror as Maddie beings to toss and turn. I look back at her to see her pointing in front of me with wide eyes. She looks as pale as a ghost.

I slowly turn my head forward to see Maddie standing in front of me with her arms crossed and her hip cocked.

I look behind me again to see Brynn gone. Like she vanished into thin air.

I look back at Maddie to see her rolling her eyes.

"What are you doing in my room, may I ask?" She says.

"Well, I- uh..." I begin.

"And why do you look like you're about to commit a crime?" She asks.

"Well..." I begin. I look back to see Brynn crouched down in the kitchen.

"You know what- I don't care." She shoots , "I need water, I've been wasting too much breath talking to you."

My heart stops. If Maddie goes in the kitchen, she will see Brynn, which won't be good for the either of them.

Maddie begins to walk down the hall, but I stand in front of her to hold her back.

"What do you think you're doing?" She shoots.

"Why don't you just get water from the sink in your bathroom?" I nervously suggest.

"Tap water? As if! I need bottled water, at least Voss." She says , "Now if you would get out of my way before I become dehydrated-"

"Maddie! Just go back to bed, you need your beauty sleep, wouldn't want to get dark circles." I laugh.

"Move! She says, slightly shoving me.

"Don't push me!" I say, shoving her back.

"Bitch!" She says, pushing me harder. Two can play at that game.

I pull back my arms and shove her with full force, causing her to let out a squeal as she goes flying over the railing and flat onto the hard cabot flooring of the house.

"Maddie?" I gasp. I run down the curved stair case a down to Maddie.

"B-brynn, come here! Now!" I cry.