Chapter 16: The Plan Process - Part 5 - Final

Mackenzie's POV:

Present Time

I wake up at 6:00am to my alarm. I shrug out of bed and into my closet. I pick out a pair of sweats and a t shirt. Then I go to the bathroom and pull my hair up into a bun as I brush my teeth.

Not bothering with breakfast, I slip on my uggs and head out the door.

As I am walking to school, my mind ponders at thoughts.

What did "John" mean by "burn"? Burn what?

As I walk down the sidewalk and ponder at the thought, Chloe pulls up in her mustang (who tf needs one in 8th grade????) with a familiar face in the back.

Maddie.

"What is my sister doing in the back seat of Chloe Lukasiak's car?" I say to myself

Are they like, friends or something?

As my mind drifts from the "burn" comments to Maddie in Chloe's car, I hear somebody walk up behind me.

"Mackenzie ple-"

"What do you want Brynn?" I ask

"Why haven't you been texting me?"

"I'm not in the mood to talk to you, that's why." I shoot

"Just ple-"

"Go away."

"Wha-"

"I think I can manage this walk to hell, alone"

I then strut off in my uggs as they clunk against the cement sidewalk.

                        +++

Walk into my middle school, and papers are instantly thrown in my face.

A tear streams down my face as a walk down the hallway. The papers and cruel names.

Everything seems to be happening in slow motion as I walk. I look at all the people laughing at me. Then I spot Maddie.

She mouths the word "burn"

What the hell is she talking about?

As another tear streams down my face. Then, everything seems to speed up. Everything goes in fast forward as my face hits the hard ground of my school.

I truly do hate my life.

                        +++

The bell rings for my 4th period class and everybody runs out of the room with their homework.

I usually stay after class to talk to my teacher about today's assignment. But this past month, I haven't been doing so.

I clench my paper in my left hand as my binder is draped over my right shoulder, then I walk slowly to the door. But as my hand rests on the knob, my teacher says something.

"Hey Mackenzie, can you come here for a second?" He says

"Uh- yea. What do you need?" I ask

"Have you been feeling okay?"

"Y-yea. Why?" I stutter, scared of his next words.

"It's just, you haven't been coming to talk to me about assignments lately, and you have been getting 0's on all of your assignments"

"It's just-" but before I could continue my excuse, we hear screams and bellows from the hallway.

"What's going on out there?" He says

We walk out of the classroom to see the hallway scattered with papers. Girls yelling at each other.

I tune in on some conversations.

"Did you write this?"

"Lauren made out with her brother?"

"Lauren, is that true?"

"That's just messed up"

"So you wrote this?"

"No!"

"Then who did!"

I walk through the hallways, stepping on papers left and right. Then I flashback to the scene in Mean Girls where the burn book pages were exposed to the whole school.

Burn.

The Burn Book.

My burn book.

It is at that moment when I realize exactly what John was talking about.

J's POV

One Day Earlier

"Okay girls. You guys get the day off. I have important business to attend." I say. Everybody scurries out of the room.

"Maddie, you stay here" I say

"W-what do you need?" She asks as she sits down.

"I need you to work with me today"

"Me? Why me?"

"You are the main person who has carried out all of my plans for me" I say

"Thank you" she blushes , "What are we going to do?"

"We are going to expose more secrets"

"Perfect" she grins

Maddie and I log onto Cliqstr and post more secrets of Mackenzie. Then, she asks us a question.

"Can we do that?" She asks

"Psh. Yea!" I say

We answer the CliqFace request, but I keep my finger over the camera the whole time, with Maddie by my side.

"Show your face!" She cries

We don't respond. We can't. We can't expose our voices.

"H-hey" she stutters , "Look behind you"

Maddie and I look behind us to discover nothing. But what I had discovered was, that I had removed my finger from the camera, exposing Maddie and I's identity.

"B-b-brynn?" Kenzie cries

"I-I- uh" I stutter

"And Maddie too?"

"We-"

"My own sister"

"Kenzie ple-"

"And my own best friend"

"Kenzie! Please!"

"I thought I could trust you"

"You ca-"

"No, I can fucking not Brynn! How could you do this to me? How! You even brought my own sister in on this! Yea, she kind of hated me, but to do something as low as this?"

"Kenzie please just let me tal-"

"Goodbye, Brynn"

Then the camera shuts off.

We are exposed.

                          +++

{This chapter though😁 5 votes and 5 comments for more?}