Chapter 15

Kendra

"Elena, we need to talk so . . . sit," I patted the bed beside me.

"What is this about? Why are you so serious? Is it about Rowland's behavior?" She fired off the questions as she sat beside me.

"I need you to tell me. You don't need to worry; this conversation will never reach anyone else. I won't tell Rowland or Tristan. This will not leave this room. Did you feel anything when Ro tried to kiss you?" I asked. Rowland said the mating wouldn't count unless she figured it out for herself. I completely understand where he was coming from. I glared up at the ceiling daring Luna to say anything against it.

"I . . ." She hesitated.

"Elena, I just need to know for myself because Rowland does not act this way. He was never the girlfriend stealer. That was always Tristan. He doesn't usually act like this and I need to know what is going on with my brother." I explained.

"Well, maybe he is going for payback. I mean I wouldn't blame him. I hold grudges all the time. All the time. So maybe he is just trying to get Tristan back for something," She sighed fiddling with her hands. She clearly wanted to avoid this topic.

"No, you are not understanding me. Rowland. Is. Not. Like. That. Period. He has never been. He doesn't get revenge like this, okay? So, I need to know; did you feel anything when he tried to kiss you?" I repeated.

"Well, I don't know. I mean for a moment . . . just that one moment, I was going to kiss him, but then I realized what I was doing and I pushed him away. And I am glad I did. Tristan would have wrung Ro's neck," She sighed shaking her head, either at herself or at Tristan.

"As if he could get his hands on Ro's neck," I scoffed. "Yes, Tristan is a good fighter, but he learned everything he knows from my brother and Father and they don't give away all of their tricks," I smirked.

"Oh," She sighed.

"So?"

"So what, Kendra? We didn't kiss. It was a single moment . . . just a moment and then it was over. I have to go," She sighed standing and walking out.

"Elena, wait!" I called but she was already out of the door.

"Oh, hell no," I mumbled and I climbed out of bed and walked across the room, opened the door and walked into a wall. And by that, I mean Marcus.

He grabbed me, "What are you doing? Are you okay? Do you need anything?" He instantly asked, his eyes scanning over me to make sure I was okay

"Yes, I am fine," I sighed, looking around him to see if I could find Elena, but she was already long gone.

"You should be in bed," He started to push me back into the room, but I walked around him quickly.

"I am not staying in bed for a full month, Marcus," I shook my head at him.

"You should get some rest," He countered, raising an eyebrow at me, "You've been through a lot . . ."

"Speaking of beds," I said suddenly remembering he didn't have one, "Where's yours?"

He sighed and walked down the hallway. I followed him and soon we stopped at an open door and he leaned on the doorframe. He waved me in and I walked in through the door.

It felt wrong. It didn't feel like Marcus's place and I was already beginning to miss the mansion. This was nothing like his sexy layer. It was just another room in the pack house. I looked to the bed expectantly, but it was covered with a thick black comforter.