Chapter 5

Kendra

There were piles of clothes on the porch. I grabbed mine in my mouth and ran back into the trees for cover. Derek was right behind me.

We turned and changed. I was in my skinny jeans and a tight tank top.

"Damn it, Elena," Derek growled.

"What?" I turned to him.

"She didn't give me a shirt," He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Hmm, I like it," I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and pressing my lips to his.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me tighter to him.

I pulled away reluctantly, "Come on," I stepped away from him

He groaned, but took my hand in his and led the way into the house.

"Where have you been?" Rowland was instantly there when we stepped inside.

"Don't start," Derek growled.

"Don't push me," Ro growled back.

"They were screwing around in the woods. Lookin' good, Derek," Elena winked.

"Elena," I whined.

"We'll talk later about the shirt," Derek growled.

"I did it for Kendra," She winked at me.

I giggled.

Derek glared at me.

"Well," I shrugged and patted his chest as I passed him.

"You were what in the woods?" Rowland growled.

I turned around annoyed, "If you can't stand Derek and I being together. Go sit up in your room until you can, because we can't change it, and I wouldn't want to even if I could."

"Well, I could figure out a way to change it," Rowland said sounding helpless.

"But you won't," Derek warned.

"Rowland," I sighed sadly, "I know you care for me. You would never want to see me hurt, right?"

"Of course not," He said sounding tired.

"Then just stop, because if you don't, all you'll be doing is hurting me," I walked up to him and hugged him.

"That doesn't mean I'm okay with this," He sighed holding me tighter.

"I know, you stubborn ass," I teased smirking.

He laughed, "Yeah, whatever, you selfish bitch," He teased.

I stepped back still smirking, "That's right. I am a bitch and I am proud of it, but around here I'm Alpha bitch so you better get used to it, brother."

He rolled his eyes and turned to Derek, "You know she is scarily power hungry, right?"

"Trust me, I know," He laughed.

"Yay, happy happy, we're all friends now!" Elena jumped and clapped happily.

Tristan stepped up to her, "Not exactly," he sighed.

I followed his glare over my shoulder to Ethan running up the porch.

"Time to put our little quarrels away, boys. I got some bad news," He huffed. "There was an attack."

"What are you talking about attack?" Derek growled turning on Ethan.

"A scout reported it. The vampires came at them. There was a fight and a vampire was injured but they got away. As soon as he makes it back to the mansion there will be a retaliation. Derek, we knew this was coming," He sighed.