Chapter 12

Kendra

Later on that night I had Leila's hand in mine and I was walking her up to her room.

"I really get my own room?" She said excitedly.

"Yes, and remember Tristan is one door down and I am two doors down. We are right here if you need us," I promised.

"I know," She stayed in pace with me as I opened the door and walked in.

This room didn't have a balcony and was smaller because it was on the end of the hall.

"The bathroom is in there, the closet there and then the bed," I pointed out everything and then turned to the queen sized bed.

"Yay!" She ran and jumped onto the bed.

"Wait," I grabbed her. "Shoes off," I took her shoes off.

But she was done with the bed and rushed over to the closet.

"All of these clothes are mine?" She looked back at me.

"Yes," I smiled as she started to search through the closet.

Ethan and Tristan had found the old boxes of clothes that belonged to the little girl. She had a lot of clothes! Elena had girls washing them and putting them away all day. I thanked her for that.

Leila came rushing out with a cute nightgown she picked out. "I want to wear this," She announced.

"Come on. Let's get you ready for bed." I grabbed the nightgown and put it on the bed.

We walked into the bathroom and I unbraided and brushed her hair as she brushed her teeth.

When we were done she got dressed in her nightgown and I tucked her in and she fell instantly asleep.

I kissed her head and then quietly snuck out and headed over to my room. I walked right to the closet and stripped out of my clothes putting on a silk nightgown. When I walked out Derek was already in bed.

"I was bad today," he sighed picking at the sheet that was half draped over him.

"Yeah," I replied simply as I walked over to the bed.

"She hates me," He stated as I slipped into bed. He was staring, almost glaring, at the ceiling.

"No, she still doesn't know you," I replied rolling over so I was half laying on his chest.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked, still not looking at me.

"No, Derek," I sighed, "more irritated. Marcus was really just here to talk to you."

"What about?" He grumbled, not wanting to talk about Marcus.

"He didn't tell me. He just told you to send someone to get him when you were ready to talk," I explained, "Or you could go over there yourself."

"Not without being able to shift," He growled. "I don't even like the idea of you going there without being able to shift, but I know you won't listen to me . . ."

"He removed the spell," I smiled, "He's trying to make this work."

Derek sighed and looked at me, "Fine, I'll talk with him . . . eventually."

"Derek," I whined, "It's probably serious. You should . . ."

"I know, I know," He chuckled, "I will talk with him."

"Seriously?" I asked, pushing myself up so I was looking down into his eyes.

"Seriously," He nodded.