Chapter 13

Derek

Kendra freaked.

She full on went crazy on Luna. A Goddess . . . and also her mother.

"What the fuck do you mean 'I'm your real mother'!?" She snapped, shooting straight out of her seat and stomping towards Luna. Luna stood her ground, but I did notice the fear in her eyes and how she slightly leaned away from Kendra.

"Kendra, please let me . . ."

"No!" She yelled right in her face, "My mother was a normal wolf. She is a normal wolf! Don't go telling me that you are my mother when I know damn well who my mother is! She died protecting me! How dare you talk shit about you being my fucking mother! She loved me more than anyone in the world! And you . . . and you have put me through all of this fucking shit!" Kendra threw his hands in the air, gesturing to the general situation.

"Kendra, calm down . . ." Nyx stepped up.

"Back off," Kendra turned and snapped at her. "This is not about you, Nyx!"

Shocked I looked to Marcus to see his reaction. He looked back at me with the same shocked expression. I had never seen anyone treat a Goddess in this way, but this is Kendra we are talking about right now.

"Sit down, Kendra, and let me explain!" Luna snapped, no longer taking Kendra's attitude.

"I'd rather not sit," Kendra huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Fine," Luna bit out, but she didn't continue. There was a moment of silence and Kendra was the one to break it.

"Well!" She demanded.

"I needed a daughter that could do what you are doing now," She sighed, jumping into her explanation. "I needed one that was of my own flesh and blood, not just technically my daughter," She explained calmly. "I had already chosen Derek's ancestors to be the Alpha overall Alphas and I needed a different and just as powerful male to breed with . . ."

"Ugh!" Kendra scoffed.

"Kendra, will you please?" Luna sighed annoyed.

"Fine," She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "carry on."

"You're acting childish," Nyx placed a comforting hand on Kendra's shoulder.

"Well, apparently, I am a child. Obviously, I was not mature enough to know who my real mother is so . . ."

"Just let me explain," Luna begged.

"Go ahead," Kendra closed your eyes.

"I want to make it clear that I went to your father's mate first before I even spoke to your father. I told her the same thing I told you when I explained the about bringing the vampires and the werewolves together. His mate was a lot like you . . ."

"I know what my mother was like," Kendra snapped uncontrollably.

Nyx squeezed her shoulder and she sighed, slightly relaxing again.

"She thought I was insane. She fought me tooth and nail, but when I brought Nyx into it . . . she finally gave in. Your father was harder to convince, though. I am a goddess and I am not used to being rejected but your father had no fear of turning me down. His mate . . . ."

"Stop it! Call her my mother! She was more of a mother than you ever were!" Kendra sounded physically in pain. I didn't know if it was the memory of her mother or just the whole situation, but I know I needed to comfort her. I went to stand and Marcus caught my eye and shook his head. I glared at him, but then I noticed just how restless he was. He was dying to go to her too.