Chapter Twenty Seven-Moving.

Because she's ill and need to get better. And is epic. And I love her. And she's going to hate me after this chapter. >:3

Chapter Twenty Seven-Moving.

Ashlynn’s P.O.V.

“I still don’t believe I’m doing this,” I announced in a weak, shaky voice.  It had been a good few hours since we’d seen Rebeckah, and I was sat in the comfort of Dylan’s old banger, outside my house, trying to calm my shaking body.

We’d gone back to Dylan and Cory’s house after; I needed to recover. We’d talked and talked, and now we had a plan. Or at least, the start of one.

“I know. But really, it’s for the best. It’ll keep you safe; it’ll keep them save,” Dylan told me.

“Don’t care if she gets hurt. She’s an idiot,” I muttered, indicating my Mother.

“You don’t mean that. You’re tired, and need to rest. Anyway, you care about your Dad, don’t you?”

I sighed. “Yeah. My Dad doesn’t deserve it. He’s never done anything wrong. Right, let’s get this over with.”

“Good luck,” Dylan murmured. “I’ll go home now. If I’m asleep, Cory will answer.” I nodded in reply.

Cory had stayed at home, getting some sleep. Turns out he hadn’t slept well recently, either. It literally was in shifts now; when Dylan got home, he’d wait for an hour or two and then sleep himself, leaving Cory awake. I thought it was overkill myself, but they wanted one of them to be awake at all times, in case they slept through a phone call.

It was nice to know they cared, admittedly.

“Sleep well, and take care.” I placed a hand on Dylan’s cheek, before getting out of the car. “I’ll text you, or something.” With that, I ran up to the house before I could change my mind.

“Ashlynn Marie Carter!”

Oh, great. Ever get that feeling, when you wished you never bothered coming home? Yeah, I was feeling that now.

“Where the hell have you been? I got a phone call from the school saying you hadn’t been seen since break time! And now, you turn up hours later! You could have been dead, raped, anything!”

I snapped at the R word. I couldn’t handle that. She didn’t have a clue, and she just had to push and push, didn’t she?

“You want to know what I’ve been doing Mom, hm? Planning. Planning to fucking move out!” I was shouting now, and it was the first time I’d ever sworn to my parents--or anyone at all, for that matter. I didn’t care though; I’d seen red.

“What do you mean, ‘move out’? How are you going to move out, when you don’t have any money? No car, no job...nowhere to live! And don’t you dare talk to me like that, young lady!” My Mom’s nostrils were flaring angrily; never a good sign.

“That’s what you think. I’ve got a place to live, and the living costs sorted.”

Mom’s face was a picture; I almost wished I had a camera. “How? Why? Where?”

“Cory and Dylan’s. They’re gonna get me a job at the carnival, and if I want to learn to drive I will. The time has come when I want to move on. Get away from this house. You realize how bad you’ve made me feel? Always the child that survived. Comes to something when your dead twin sister is loved more than yourself. Ever given a thought about how that might make me feel? Oh no, wait. You didn’t, because you couldn’t give a damn. Well guess what, Mom? Now you’ve lost both your daughters.”