Chapter Five-There is Hope after all.

A/N; Hey guys! Sorry it took a little longer to update, I’ve been pretty busy this week but here it is! I said I’d have it done for the weekend so yeah, I did it. :D Again a fill-in chapter but there’s an introduction of a new character here that’s going to be mighty important later on, and I think you’ll find you’ll like them a lot! They’re defintiley one of my favourite characters if I’m honest. I know I’ve said it before, but you guys are amazing! Your comments have made me smile all week and I’ve been trying to answer all of  your messages and read as many of your stories as I can, but please bare with. I’ve got my goal of getting to the top ten in Paranormal and we’re at #49! So please keep voting if you have the time and I always love to hear from you. (: one more thing before I leave you with the next chapter, please check out ‘Serendipity’ by my good friend Jessiytots if you want something to read. It really is epic and deserves more reads, so go check it out! (http://www.wattpad.com/2321954-serendipity-prologue). Anyway, on with the story!  Enjoy and I’d love to hear your feedback, particularly on our newest character! <3

Chapter Five-There is Hope after all.

The second I woke up, I knew something was wrong. You know that feeling, when something’s happened the day before, but to begin with you can’t think for the life of you what? Yeah, that pretty much describes how I felt, when I woke up in the spare room of one of my sworn enemies. She and I were from entire different universes; she was popular, I was a nerd. What was I doing here?

Then of course it all came flooding back to me, and when it did I almost wished it hadn’t. I groaned- man, my head hurt. Rolling over, my bleary gaze fell onto a digital alarm clock by the bed, stating it was only five am. Five am? Why the hell was I up so damned early?!  Sure, I had to be out by seven thirty but I could catch another hour’s sleep at least.

Pulling the king-size duvet covers firmly over my head, I attempted to fall back into the miraculously dreamless sleep that had overcome me the night before. But, me being the awkward person that I was, could I sleep, or even doze at the least? No, no I couldn’t. Because suddenly, my mind was racing. And I’d realized something, something that made my heart sink; there was no Hope.

My mind, crazy as it was, appeared to be completely and utterly silent. She was gone. Although I had known it from the start, I couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed at the knowledge that it was merely my imagination running wild. I considered for a moment how much different my life would be with her beside me-would I be popular? Would the constant bullying I have to go through everyday stop?

No, Ashlynn. You can’t think like that. Hope’s dead--she has been for eleven years, now. She isn’t coming back. She can’t come back.

Yep, first my dead twin sister was talking to me, now I’m talking to myself. Yeah, it’s official; I’ve lost the plot. With a sigh of defeat, I clambered out of bed, rubbing my tired eyes. Something meowed in indignation as I moved, knocking a ball of grey fur to the floor.

 “Kayla! I’d forgotten about you, kitty!” I exclaimed, bending down and picking the sulking cat off the floor.

“Don’t look at me like that, you decided to sleep on the bed with me,” I told her, a grin on my face as she purred. I’d finally gotten the cat I’d always wanted--yet of course, I wasn’t entirely sure if I were able to keep her.

Placing Kayla back on the huge bed, I made my way into the bathroom. The large shower I’d spent almost an hour in last night stood in one corner of the room, while there was a beautifully crafted vanity table, a hefty, expensive looking bath and sink taking up the rest of the room. A second door on the left led to the biggest walk-in wardrobe imaginable, bigger than my own room put together.