Chapter Three-Whispers of Hope.

A/N; Hey again! Once more thank you all SO much for the votes and comments! I never expected this reaction so thanks to you all. Nearly 30 votes on the prologue and I think almost 20 or something on the first chapter! Now, I’ve warned you before but I will say it again, this chapter includes sensitive subjects, so please, if you do not see fit to read it, don’t. If you wish to know what happens and won’t read it, pm me and I will fill you in! Anyway, this was hard to write because what Ashlynn experiences isn’t something I’ve ever (thankfully) experience myself, so it was hard to know how someone would feel. However I think I’ve done an okay job and this turned out way longer than I expected, so you should enjoy it! Let me know what you think if you feel like it, always makes my day. Votes and whatnot as ever are gratefully appreciated; so go enjoy! <3

Chapter Three-Whispers of Hope.

My heart was racing. Who was this man? What did he want with me?! All these questions were swirling around and around in my head, yet I seemed to have lost the ability to speak. My mouth opened a few times as I searched for the words I desperately needed to say, yet still I could not say a word.

He knelt down in front of me, a twisted smile upon his face. “That’s it, little girly. Play nice. I don’t like it when you cry.”

I stared up at him helplessly, as a stray tear, left from crying over Hope trickled down my cheek. I attempted to contain myself-I couldn’t give him the satisfaction of knowing he was scaring me. Because I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t. In truth, I was absolutely crapping myself.

His intense gaze never left mine as he advanced closer, holding out a rough, dirty finger to wipe away my tear. His touch, just that one, tiny touch sent a shiver down my spine. His face came closer to mine, leering slightly. Just like this morning with Cory, he was close enough to smell. However, unlike with Cory, I didn’t enjoy it.

He smelt of damp, dirt and something that smelt suspiciously like what Mrs Carnell confiscated off Joey Moore a few terms into sophomore year. His breath...well, let’s just say it’s worse than Scamper, my dog’s and that really is saying something. The rich yet sickening scent of alcohol flittered up my nose, burning my nostrils. Great, so this guy was drunk and stoned? What was up with that?

“Get away from me!”

What was supposed to be a calm yet firm order turned into a screech as I finally remembered how to speak. It was his touch, I think, that triggered it off. I didn’t know what he wanted with me, but there was one thing I was sure of; I had to get out of there.

Before he could respond my natural instincts took in, with only one goal; get as far away from him as possible. Knowing I had no time to get to my feet--although I was doubtful I could even if I wanted to-- I resorted to other tactics, beginning to shuffle backwards desperately.

“Where the fuck do you think you’re going, hmm?”

His beetle black eyes glinted dangerously and before I had time to do anything, he began to run at me. Panicking, I scooted back as fast as I could, not caring that my jeans were now entirely covered in mud and grass.

My breath was hitched, as I struggled to allow oxygen into my lungs while escaping from this guy that may or may not be about to kill me. It was official; I was freaking out, big time. Then again, wouldn’t you? Some randomer was coming at you, not letting you escape and-

Crash!

The constant warbling in my mind stopped as the back of my head collided with an unknown object. All I knew was that it was cold, and very, very hard. Tears brimmed in my eyes that had nothing to do with the current situation, and more to do with the fact that my head literally felt like it was about to explode.