Chapter Nine-The Secret.

A/N; Hey guys! Another chapter--hard to believe this is the tenth part including the prologue! And we’re very nearly at 2,000 reads, meaning this is officially my most popular book yet, but I sort of anticipated it would do better than my fan fictions because let’s face it, originals always do. Thank you all so much for your support, comments and votes--without you, I wouldn’t still be writing it! We fell down to #50 Paranormal and #99 of Other a few days ago, but we’ve managed to climb back up again! I’ve changed it to Mystery/Suspense as the plot is really turning that way and we’re at Paranormal #37 / Mystery/Suspense #56 / What’s Hot #966. So I’m pleased with that and hopefully we’ll keep climbing! :D Enjoy this chapter--I go back to school after being in hospital tomorrow (eep!) so updates will be slower, but I will probably manage and update twice a week depending on how I get on. Enjoy and let me know what you think! :D

Chapter Nine-The Secret.

Cory’s P.O.V

The American Indians would not have been able to survive if it wasn’t for the use of Buffalo. Discuss this statement, using evidence from the sources above.’

I heaved a sigh as I read the History assignment for the millionth time, finally screwing my current paper into a ball and throwing it at the ever growing pile in front of me.

Yep, shock of the year. Cory McKinnon was doing homework.

I mean, it’s not like I’m not human.

Everybody at High School assumes that because I am the most popular guy in senior year--no wait, all the years--that I am some kind of super-human alien species. But guess what? I’m not perfect. In fact, I’m far from it.

I still live a normal live. I argue with my brother, and my Dad when he’s around. My Dad tries to ground me a few times a week, yet of course he never exceeds. And I have to do homework. Which believe me, is the worst part of it all.

I never used to bother. I could care less about stupid grades, and finals. A High School diploma means nothing to me. I’ve got a scholarship sorted with the Union football team for when I leave. My Dad’s never around, and my Mom’s long gone.

That was until he dropped the bombshell.

The last time my Father came home from wherever the latest foreign whore he was shagging lived, Coach called him in for a meeting. I mean, Coach Parkinson is amazing. He drives you hard, but I’m his golden boy. Feels like the Father I never had--or should I say, the decent Father I never had. But this time, it wasn’t about how good I was, nor how I should train for the upcoming game.

It was about my grades. Or, lack of them to be specific.

After an hour long chat in which I was sent outside so they could  ‘talk’, it was decided that unless I got my act together and worked, there would be no scholarship. Not only that, but my Father was talking about sending me to some college in England--or as they call it, a university.

Like that was gonna happen.

But alas, since that day I’ve been trying. There was no way I was going to let my pathetic  excuse for a Father stop me from achieving my dream--Coach told me he only did it, because I had too much talent to waste. And as much as I felt betrayed, I sort of got what he meant.

So there I was, sat on my sofa in front of a football game, trying hopelessly to write a History essay that I had no clue about, that was due in tomorrow.

Yep, I was screwed.

It was just as I was finally giving up, at least for a while and making my way into our spacious kitchen in hunt of a snack, that I heard her.