Chapter Twenty Four-The Victims of Demon's Lake.

For following the story right the way through! Thanks for your support, I love hearing your little comments on each chapter. Thanks love! (:

Chapter Twenty Four-The Victims of Demon's Lake.

Ashlynn's P.O.V

For the first time in my life, I was sneaking out. Not only that, but I was sneaking out to meet Cory McKinnon, the most popular and gorgeous guy in school who just so happened to be way out of my league. Whatever happened to the old, innocent and timid nerd I used to be?

She happened, that's what.

As much as I disliked what she was doing, I didn't blame her completely. That man is to blame, really. The things he did to me...they were unforgivable.

Tears prickled in my eyes at just the thought, and I wiped them away swiftly. This was ridiculous; hadn't I cried enough? These days though, it seemed like everything and anything would make me upset, and indeed cry. Damn those hormones!

Hormones...I bit my lip at the thought. When had I last--

The alarm I had set on my phone buzzed then, and I quickly turned it off. The plan had been to sleep early; but of course, I hadn't managed it. I'd stayed awake and really, I was glad I had. Sure, there was nothing romantic between Cory and I, but I still wanted to look my best. Bright eyed and bushy tailed, as was the common saying.

With a sigh, I clambered carefully out of bed, catching sight of myself in the mirror. My long auburn hair was tied up in a high pony-tail, all hair clipped out of my face. I was wearing a plain black t-shirt, leggings, black leg warmers and my favourite pair of black military boots.

In short, I looked like an idiot. Then again, if I was going to do this I had to do it properly. Now, time to add the finishing touches. I shrugged on my black leather jacket and to my greatest disgust, I pulled on an old black beanie hat I'd found in my Dad's drawers; and not the oversized, fashionable type either.

I pulled on my black satchel bag and before I could talk myself out of it, I went for the window. I'd worked out an escape route earlier; out of the window, onto the roof, and down onto the floor with the help of a rather weak looking tree.

I clambered out onto the roof, and took a deep breath. Grabbing a high branch of the tree, I swung myself out, resting my feet on the branch and--

"Ah!"

The branch broke underneath me and I tumbled to the ground, landing badly on my ankle. "Oh, hell!"

It was about as close as I got to what Cory and most others would call a 'proper curse'--although personally, I didn't see what was wrong with poop.

I froze then: my window was still open and I'd just made a hell of a noise. I waited for exactly three and a half minutes before I decided things were safe, and set off again.

It was a slow and painful process, but thankfully I could just about walk on it. Wasn't broken, then. Probably badly sprained, although I couldn't be sure of that until I saw a medical professional. A walk that should have taken two minutes usually took closer to ten, and I found a very disgruntled looking Cory when I finally found the black car he'd described.

Like Carly's, it was sleek and expensive. He was right when he'd said the engine was quiet--I didn't even realize the ignition was on until I got in the car.

"Took you long eno--what in God's name are you wearing?" I couldn't help but scowl as Cory spluttered and coughed, outright laughing at me. "We're meeting with a friend, not going to rob a bank. Hat looks cute on you, though," he said with a smirk.