Chapter Fourteen-Happy Halloween.

A/N: Update timeee. I really am enjoying writing this and can’t believe how many votes/reads/comments it’s getting! Please keep ‘em coming, they really are my motivation. Let’s just say, things are going to get interesting from the next chapter onwards and the main plot of the story begins. Thanks to Jess for the inspiration of the end of the chapter from agessss ago, thanks to Tidy ;3 Love youuuu. Anyway, enjoy.

Chapter Fourteen-Happy Halloween.

 Ashlynn’s P.O.V

The whole drive home, I was freaking out. This was for many different reasons. Number one: my dead twin sister was still talking to me in my head. Number two: said dead twin sister had just made a carousel go around at stupid speeds, nearly killing my best friend and nobody but me seemed to notice. And then there was number three: Cory McKinnon had just asked me on a date.

Dylan was quiet as we drove back. I think he was pretty pissed that Cory had asked me to the party; even more so that I hadn’t kicked him to the ground. It was a pretty awkward silence if I was honest, and all I had was the humming of the engine and Hope’s frantic attempts to apologize to keep me company.

“So are you going then?” Dylan asked, pulling me out of my miserable day dream.

“What?” I asked, not thinking straight.

“To this party, the one Cory invited you to.”

I bit my lip, trying not to smirk. Was he...jealous?

“Maybe. Probably. On one condition.”

He stared at me like I was mad, and let’s face it, that’s not exactly far from the truth

“And what might that be, Lynne?”

I smirked then, building the suspense.

“You have to come with me.”

*

The following week passed quickly, and uneventfully. Hope tried many times to reconcile with me, and at first I was angry. But then I realized. As a child, you know no boundaries. You’re taught by your parents as you grow; yet since the age of five, Hope had nobody. Nobody to teach her right and wrong, or to control her emotions. When she got angry, bad stuff happened. Almost like a two year old having a temper tantrum.

We were on good terms, and for once, school wasn’t so bad.

I had Dylan there constantly, lighting up my day. Hope’s little remarks in the back of my head had me grinning when bitches like Chrissy and Carly--who’d gone back to her usual, slutty self--tried to provoke me. As a result, the bullying got less--I don’t think they got any satisfaction out of it when I laughed at what they said.

Cory hardly left me alone, asking me constantly if I was going to the party. I kept him guessing, although of course I knew the answer; yes. Not that he’d be too happy I was bringing Dyl though; but that was the whole point.

The week passed and suddenly, Saturday was here. Hope and I had decided on my costume, and I was wrecked with nerves. It was so unfamiliar, so not me, that I was terrified. She called it going out of my comfort zone; I called it torture.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay at this party? You know what teenage parties are like...”

I rolled my eyes internally as my Mom walked in my room, asking me the same question I’d already answered about fifty times today.

“Yes, Mom! I can look after myself and anyway, Dyl will be there. He’ll look after me.”

“Yes, well I suppose he will,” she replied finally, leaving the room in obvious defeat.