Chapter Thirteen-The Aftermath.

A/n: Another update! Bloody miracle actually, considering the amount of trouble I had with it! I lost my memory stick, found it thankfully and then word deleted ¾ of the chapter! Nightmare. Well anyway, here it is. We reached 3,000 reads! This time last week, it was 2,000 so that’s gone up massively. Thanks! Also on 600 something votes. If and when it gets to 1000, I’ve got a little surprise for you all ;3 Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you thought. :3

Chapter Thirteen-The Aftermath.

Ashlynn’s P.O.V

“Dylan! Dylan, no! Please, no!”

I was no longer in control of the stream of screams erupting from my mouth. The carousel had grounded to a stop, but not quick enough. It was like locking the door after the horse had bolted, although in this case it was Dylan, not a horse, and he’d fallen, not bolted.

All around me, shocked faces were staring at me in confusion. Why weren’t they screaming? Why hadn’t anyone else fallen off, or at least reacted to what had just happened?

Because you’re the only one that can hear me. You’re the only one that saw.

Dread filtered through my body, as I heard the voice I’d learnt to fear. It needed sorting--but there was no time for that now.

As I clambered off my horse, a few tears streaked down my face. He couldn’t be hurt, he just couldn’t. Dylan was kind, he was sweet. He was the only one who’d look past the nerdy, bullied exterior and seen me for a person. I couldn’t lose him. What if he hated me? What if he was seriously injured? What  if he was--

I cut myself off. That wasn’t an option, it just wasn’t.

Finally I reached him, although I was pretty scared of what I was going to see before me.

“Oh god, no! Please, let him be okay…”

I wasn’t even aware I was still shouting until a hand touched my shoulder.

“You should calm down Miss, there are children here.”

I didn’t even bother to turn around and see who was talking, but I assumed it was a worker of some sorts. I didn’t care--why couldn’t they understand?! My Dyl was hurt and they were telling me to calm down!

Without a thought I flung him off of me, running at a speed I thought impossible. Dylan was laid there, spread eagled on the ground. I jumped down, my hands grasping his body.

“Dylan, Dyl! Are you okay?!”

Then, the one thing I had convinced myself was impossible happened. He moved.

“Woah, calm down Lynne!”

His eyes were filled with worry, so different to the fear I’d seen just moments before. He was alive, and he wasn’t hurt.

“Dyl! Oh Dyl, are you hurt? Please tell me you’re not hurt, please--“ My constant jabbering was against my control and I’m pretty sure I didn’t make that much sense, but I was just so relieved.

Christ Ashy, give the guy some air.

“Go away, Hope!” I screeched, momentarily forgetting I was speaking aloud.

“What?” Dylan asked, a frown puckering on his forehead. “What did you just say?”

I shook my head, coming back to the present and instead launched myself at Dyl. He looked surprise but didn’t question it, wrapping his arms around me. I couldn’t help myself, in the confines of his warm and comforting chest. With the frowns and whispers of onlookers as they watched this bizarre scene, I began to sob. And once I started, I could not stop.