It's Better Here

"Do you really need to go, Lovi?"

The said Italian nodded, and started to walk away, but the Spaniard grabbed his wrist to prevent him so.

"But we still have time, can we just drop by a café or something?"

His eyes looks like he's pleading, begging, for Lovino not to leave. But Lovino just... can't.

Lovino sighed, "Fine. I still have an hour."

Antonio's eyes brightened, "Gracias, Lovi!"

He moved to hug the other man, but Lovino just pushed him away with a light blush on his face.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. C'mon, I don't want to waste another time for shit," Lovino pulled Antonio and his luggage to a café.

Antonio and Lovino sat face to face on a table for two at the café, both sipping their own drinks. It was just silence, and Lovino didn't know whether it is comfortable or awkward for him. He just don't know. Antonio broke it after a few moments, tensing the Italian slightly.

"You know.. you don't really have to go.." he said.

Lovino looked away, "But I can't.. I just.. need to, Antonio."

Antonio knows that Lovino is serious because he didn't call him by his very unique 'nickname'.

"Why?" Antonio uttered almost inaudible.

"I-I don't know, Antonio.. I don't know.." Lovino whispered. Antonio held Lovino's free hand that is on the table and caresses it with his thumb. He sighed.

"I understand," he whispered. "I'll miss you, Lovino.."

Lovino didn't respond, he just looks to his side. His eyes darted to the café's wall clock and his eyes widened.

"Shit! I'm late!" he stood up suddenly and stared at Antonio for a few moments.

"I'm sorry..." he whispered and took his hand away from the Spaniard's, and just left like that.

"Lovi.. it isn't better here without you.."

Antonio put the almost empty cup down the table and stared sadly at the cup.

"Sir? Are you done yet?" a waitress asked. Antonio sighed. He grabbed the cup and is about to give it to her when a hand stopped him.

"He's not yet finished."