Breaking the Unbreakable #1

The time is between B3CH8 – The Puppetmaster and B3CH9 – Nightmares and Daydreams

It had been three weeks since the Avatar's fall. And Yoko's execution was three days later. She'd be happy that soon she'd be free of this pain. But she wasn't. Because her mind had changed. It was last week, the night when the last pieces of her heart were broken and the last pieces of her humanity vanished away...

Zuko had come to visit her, again. He talked, begged her to talk to him but she didn't say a word. She looked at him while he talked and when he wanted her to response, she just turned her back to him. After this, he started to shout at her.

"Don't you have any feelings, Yoko? Have you lost them all? I'm here, begging you to talk to me but all you do is turning your back! I thought you were my friend! I thought you cared about me! I thought... I thought that I loved you!" he shouted "But seems like everything was nothing but a lie. You don't care about me, and I don't think you've ever did." he stopped for a moment, then continued to break her "But... But everything was real for me. And now I'm trying as hard as I can to forget you, but my damn love for you doesn't let me.

"This changes nothing, though. I'm way happier when I'm with Mai."

That was the first shot which hit her right in the heart.

"Somehow every time, you manage to break me more than anyone can. Your wounds are the deepest, they hurt the most. But you must know this that you will not be able to heal them." he said, he hesitated at first but then shouted it with all he had "I wish I have never come to look at who was crying that day! I WISH I HAVEN'T MET YOU AT ALL!" he shouted at her, then stood up and left.

That was the second, and the most painful shot.

She buried her head to her knees, sobbing more loudly than ever. She was sure that the guards were hearing her but who gave a damn about that? Not her, for sure. After that night, she had made her decision. She was going to escape from this hell and join Team Avatar.

After everything she had done for Zuko, after everything she had given up just for him, he had betrayed her. He had left her, and broke her for like, I don't know, a zillion times. And she wanted revenge. She wanted to see the Fire Lord's fall, along with him Zuko's fall. She wanted him to know that he was not the only one who could change the sides for good.

Since that day, she was planning her escape. And today, she was escaping.

Half an hour later, guards came and took her out of her cell. When they reached the garden, they took of the metal bracelet. She walked there for a while, then smirked as she earthbended. When the dust was gone, she was being held by the guards "Hey, what do you think you're doing?!" one of them shouted.

She shrugged "Just practicing."

He frowned "There's no more garden for you." he said as they took her inside, put her bracelet on and threw her into the cell. She smirked as they left, taking out a key from her pocket.

***

When the guard that came to check on her left, she knew that it was 1.30am. Normally, she was checked every half an hour but she had an hour time between 2am and 3am. She took out the bracelet by using the key she had taken, lied on the floor, placing her hands on the floor, her palms touching it.

The grates were put inside the floor, earth was holding them. She was making them go deeper with earthbending. Twenty minutes later, she had created a hole that she could get out. So she did. She took her bag which was on the table. She opened it, took out her bow and an arrow.