The Unexpected Visit

The time is between B1CH13 – The Blue Spirit and B1CH15 – Bato of the Water Tribe

Zuko woke up, it was the day after he rescued the Avatar, Aang. He yawned and turned left but leaped up when he saw a young lady standing across the room. He jumped out of the bed and sent flames to her but she blocked them "Calm down, I am not going to hurt you." she said "Besides you can't beat me. Neither can your little firebenders on board."

"So much self-confidence." Zuko said as he frowned "What makes you think I can't beat you?"

"I am a professional assassin that killed the Earth Kingdom's most trusted generals in their sleep without breaking a sweat." she said "Plus firebender. I would have killed you by now if I wanted to."

Zuko thought for a while, then lowered his guard "Who are you? What do you want?"

"I told you who I am."

"I meant your name."

She smirked "Shinju." she said "And I want to help you finding your honour."

"I don't need any help." he said sharply.

"I am not asking if you need or not." Shinju said as she leaned against the wall "I want to help you and I will help you. I saw you last night, Blue Spirit and I got impressed. I only help people who impress me."

"What makes you so special?"

"I was the Fire Nation's greatest assassin till they deported me." she said "That's all you need to know about me, for now. The more we trust each other the more I tell you."

Zuko blinked. This girl was odd. Really, really odd. But he had a feeling that she was a trust worth person "Fine then. But you must prove your loyalty to me if you want me to trust you."

"No problem." Shinju said and yawned. He had a better chance to view her that moment.

She had curly, blood red hair which reached her chest and she had a golden eye. She had a black eye-patch on her left eye, she must have a wound there. She was wearing a black tank-top with black, tight pants. She had black, heeled boots. She was holding a big, black bag.

She started to walk towards the door "I'll wait outside for you." she said and she opened the door and she looked back at Zuko "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." she said and blinked at him, got out and closed the door.

Zuko shook himself and got dressed. That is going to be a weird day, he thought as he got out of the room "Follow me," Zuko said as he turned his back to her and started to walk. They went to the deck, Iroh was there "Uncle, we have a guest."

"More like a new team mate." Shinju muttered.

"A guest?" Iroh said as he walked to them "I see you mean that young lady."

Shinju bowed "General Iroh," she said and straightened "It is a pleasure to meet you. I'm Shinju, I used to be an assassin in the Fire Nation. But from now, I'll help your nephew to find the Avatar."

"Retired general," Iroh corrected her and looked to Zuko "I have never thought he would accept an offer of help."

"I didn't asked him if he wanted or not. He hasn't got that option. He wanted me to prove my loyalty to him and he'll see that on the battlefield."

Iroh hid his laugh under a cough when he saw Zuko was frowning "By the way," Zuko said as he saw the three strongest guards on the deck "I want to see how strong you are. Guards! This lady thinks none of us can beat her. I want you to show her she is not right."

Shinju put her bag down when she saw the guards were heading towards her. She cracked her knuckles "This is gonna be fun," she muttered to herself as she jumped on the first guard and knocked him down easily. When she made sure he won't be able to move for a while, she headed to the second one.