Flames from the Past #3

Zuko: 9

Azula: 8

Yoko: 8

"I am hungry." Yoko said as she wringed her hair out. Plenty of water came out.

"Wow, your hair holds an ocean!" Zuko said.

Yoko laughed "You can even have a shower with that water."

"I think so." he said "And I'm hungry too."

"Mom has made some noodles."

"Yummy!"

Yoko asked her mother to bring some noodles and she agreed, went to the summer house to take them. Yoko and Zuko sat around a table face to face. Zuko looked at Yoko for a while "You look cute when you are wet."

Yoko blushed, badly "T... Thanks."

Zuko smiled at her. Yoko turned her glare away. She was embarrassed. Then her mother came with a large bowl and two pairs of sticks "Here is your lunch." she said as she put it between them.

"Thanks mom." she muttered and Hiyori went to the beach. They started to eat. Everything was going normal, until they tried to eat the same noodle. Of course, they didn't noticed it. But then when the noodle was about to be finished, they kissed.

At first, they looked at each other wide-eyed. When they released what was happening, they quickly backed away, blushed. They looked at each other and started to laugh, again. But they didn't noticed Mai was green with envy, again. She kicked the sand and walked away.

***

Yoko yawned. They were sitting on the beach and watching the sea. It was nearly midnight. She rested her head on Zuko's shoulder "I'm so sleepy but I don't want to go home."

"Neither do I." Zuko said as he yawned like Yoko and put his head on hers.

"Zuko, did you know that I only feel happy when I'm around you?"

"No, I didn't. But it's nice to know."

Yoko closed her eyes "You're my one and only friend. It must be normal."

"I think so." Zuko said.

Yoko lifted her head so did Zuko. She looked at his golden eyes "Zuko, I want you to promise me something."

"Anything."

"Promise me you will never leave me." Yoko said "I don't think I can do without you."

Zuko smiled and kissed her forehead, Yoko was as red as a beetroot "I promise."

Yoko pulled his ponytail playfully "You tie your hair up more than I do."

"You can't tie your hair up." Zuko said "No hairgrip is that strong."

"Me and my hair, we will take over the world!" Yoko said, flattening her voice. Zuko laughed. And then, he saw the seashell. He took it and gave it to Yoko.

"I thought you'd like it."

Yoko took the shell and placed it on her ear "I love that sound." she said "I hear it when I dive. And it drowses."

"I want to look at the stars." Zuko said as he lied down. Yoko lied down too. But a few moments later, they both fell asleep.

***

Zuko: 10

Azula: 9

Yoko: 9