Chapter 19

**READ NOTE AT END

ch. 19

ARABELLA’S POV

I fingered through the different fabrics in my suitcase: lace, silk, chiffon, satin, more silk. I felt my stomach sink when I didn’t feel any denim or cotton. I grabbed the shirts that were neatly folded on top and throw them off so I could get a better look at what was in my suitcase.

I started grabbing and throwing things trying to find something; anything, that looked like what I had packed. When my hands came out tangled in a very small bikini and a lace dress that looked more like a shirt because it was so short, I swore under my breath.

I threw everything on the floor and stalked out of the room. This castle was so large and had so many different hallways that I immediately got lost. The walls where made out of ancient stone and they all look exactly the same. My room was placed so that I could either go left or right and I had no idea which way to go.

I peered down my left trying to make something out but all I saw was more stone. When I looked down the right I saw someone and started screaming before I thought about what I was doing, “Hey! Excuse me!” I yelled breaking into a run. The maid turned around to stare at me with big, bewildered eyes.

The hallway seemed to go on forever and when I caught up to her I had to wait a moment to catch my breath. “Where do I go to find Queen Cordelia’s room?” I asked her in between breaths.

She was extremely pale and when she blushed her whole face turned a bright read. She took a deep breath but still stumbled over her words, “I-I’m sorry the castle is so confusing for you Princess. Your mother’s room is umm…. down the other hallway. At the very end, you take a right and it should be right there.”

That didn’t sound so hard. But I knew that I would have to get there before I felt relieved. I smiled warmly at her hoping she wouldn’t feel as shy, “Thanks so much.”

I could feel her eyes on me as I made my way back to where I started. She seemed so shy and nervous around me. I knew it wasn’t every day that you had a princess come running at you but I did find it a little off the way she acted. She made it seem like I was going to bite her. I knew that the royals here weren’t the best but I couldn’t see them being mean to their staff.

It was bothering me but I tried to push it out of my mind. It wasn’t my problem and I couldn’t do anything about it. I would ask though if I saw her again.

When I reached my room I took a left this time and started down the long hallway. They had lamps lining the walls giving it a very medial feel. Despite the décor the house felt very warm and did have small touches that made you know someone lives here.

As I was walking I could feel myself getting a little more upset. There was a ‘small’ dinner party tonight and I wasn’t planning on wearing any of the dresses that my mom had packed. When I saw a door at the end of the hallway I sped up and barged into the room without thinking.