Chapter 15

So i am dedicating this to artsysmartsy because she totally made my day with her comments and votes!

Ch. 15

DEMTRI’S POV

My foot tapped against the shinning floor as I waited for this press conference to be over, it was ridiculous and I wished that Arabella was here. At least if she was, I could occupy my time thinking of some way to embarrass her or maybe she would be able to answer some of these questions for me.

One reporter spoke up from the crowd,” How do you feel about your brother becoming king of Croatia?”

My favorite, “I think that he will be a great king and I am very happy for him.” I spoke my line that I had practiced a thousand times.

“Are you at all upset about him becoming king? This spot was promised to you and now it is being taken away.” Another reporter shoved a microphone in my face.

Do they know that this topic bugs me so much? I swear I was always being asked about this and what did they expect? Of course I was upset that wasn’t going to be king! That was my country that I grew up in and now it wasn’t even mine!

I had to think for a second before I thought of an answer that wouldn’t blow up in my face later, “I was a little upset when I found out that I wouldn’t be king, but Arabella is worth it.” All of the women made a little aww sound and the men rolled their eyes. I was also rolling my eyes in my head. I figured that that would be a good answer, and I guess I was right.

They all started shouting the same question; where was Arabella. She was supposed to be here but instead she was locked up in her room because of that nasty bruise; the bruise that would have been in the same place as Annie’s.

It was kinda weird to think that Arabella would get a bruise in the same place that Annie would probably get a bruise. I wasn’t quite sure to make of it though.

All of a sudden the talking stopped, before starting again, even louder than before. Instead of aiming their questions at me this time they were all looking behind me. I turned around confused at what they could see.

“Sorry I’m late.” Was all she said.

She ignored the press asking her a thousand questions and walked around and sat down next to me. She pulled the big blue sweater she was wearing closer around her tiny body and brushed her hair back putting her bruise on full display.