My Magic Stuffed Animals - Chapter 6

Chapter Six

By the time I got home, I couldn't shake off the memory of that boy. For some reason, he felt important. Important and familiar. 

I was so deep in thought that I didn't hear Kit yell my name multiple times.

"Trinie!" Her cat face was so close to mine, my eyes hurting from being cross-eyed.

"Huh?" I glanced around me. I was in my room.

"Geez. What were you thinking about?" she asked.

I sighed. I don't keep secrets from her. "I saw this boy outside my school."

"Oooh. Someone is two-timing?"

I blushed. "What?! No! I wouldn't do tha- Hey! I'm not even going out with Josh!" 

Kit laughed. "You're so cute, Trinie!"

"Oh, yeah?" I took the opportunity to tickle her belly and she laughed even more, until there was a knock on the door.

"Trinie? Are you alright in there?" It was Mother.

"Um, yes. I was just looking at funny pictures on my iPod." I'm so bad at lying.

"Alright. Dinner is in an hour." 

"Okay!" I called back before hearing her footsteps disappear downstairs.

I sighed heavily. "You almost got me in trouble," I whispered.

"Not my fault," she replied, licking her paw as if she was a real cat. "And if you haven't noticed, look who is back."

I followed her gaze and saw a brown teddy bear on the edge of my bed. 

"Kevin! Hey," I greeted, smiling. "Where did you go yesterday?"

He looked away, mumbling something that I couldn't understand.

"Huh? I didn't hear you."

Kit turned to me. "He said he wanted to check something."

I raised an eyebrow. "Something? What was it?"

Kit shook her head. "Let the poor guy rest."

"Rest? He doesn't even walk around!" I didn't want to be mean, but it was true.

Unexpectedly, Kit averted her gaze also. "So how's it going with you and Josh?"

"Changing the subject again?" I asked. "And FYI, there's nothin-"

Kit jumped and hugged my face. "Don't lie to me, Trinie. There's definitely something going on!" 

I replied but it was muffled against her fur. 

"I'm sorry, what?" she asked after falling off my face.

"I said, we just walk together to the bu- Hey! You changed the subject!" I fell for it again, still a bit mad at Kit. What's going on?

The suffering of 3 more days of school seeing Tom, Josh, and the Lington sisters has finally ended. Though Tom has been avoiding me recently and Josh has been with me. Not that I liked it or anything.

"Any plans to do on the weekend?" asked Josh, walking beside me to the bus.

"Um." I thought about hanging out with Kit, but I shook my head, thinking I should live normaly like an average girl this time. "Nope."

He smiled and averted his gaze. "Want to come with me to the carnival tomorrow? Since it's Saturday..."

After a second of hearing that, I blushed. He's asking me out? How did this happen? My biggest crush became my miracle dream!