My Magic Stuffed Animals - Chapter 3

Chapter Three

We finally reached our stop: Johnson Junior High.

It looked the same as last year: maroon bricks, flowers on the sides, and the kiddie playground on the right which was scratched up by many years of use.

We got up from our seats, one by one leaving out the bus door. When it was my turn to get off, I didn't realize the steps were slanted a bit and my foot slid. I just closed my eyes to prepare for the fall. After a few seconds, I was surprised that the pavement was softer that I thought. Unless..

I reopened my eyes in shock to find myself in someone's arms. I looked up, face to face with light blue eyes. Josh Tarson.

"You had quite a fall there," he said, a smile forming on his lips. His voice was deeper than last year. His golden, straight brown hair was cut over his forehead and also grew longer on the back, going down the nape of his neck.

I snapped back to reality, quickly separating from him, trying not to blush. Wait, why did I even think of blushing? A second later, I felt every girl's glare on me. I cleared my throat.

"Thank you, J-Josh." His name sounded foreign to me. I turned around and sprinted toward the school door. Yikes! Bad way to start the school year.

Inside the school, I bumped into a lot of people, some almost knocking me over. Good thing I remained my balance this time. I made my way toward the Multi-Purpose Room, where everyone was seated with their grade. 8th graders sat on the back.

"Hello? Is this thing on?" A woman with short blonde hair and green eyes in a business suit tapped the microphone in her hand, sending a high pitched sound out the speakers. "Sorry!"

When everyone was in the room, which I think since no one else was coming in, the woman continued.

"Welcome to Johnson Junior High. I am the principal, Mrs. Esposito. We are really grateful that you've to this school. I heard that we've reached about 650 students who've enrolled this year!"

Everyone applauded.

"Thank you again. So, do you all need me to repeat the rules again? You know, no drinking, litering, smoking, etc." She glanced around the room as everyone shook their head in disagreement. "Well, I still need to repeat it because it's my job. So be prepared!"

With that, everyone groaned.

An hour or so passed and everyone got up to head to their classes listed on their schedule. Going up the stairs to exit the Multi-Purpose Room, I held back my laughter when I saw Sara Lington's face turning red. She probably tripped from the 6 inch heels she always wears.

After the struggle to get out of the Multi-Purpose room, the bell already rung. Students behind me started pushing and shoving, causing me to fall face first on the floor.

Great. Just, great.

Someone laughed behind me. I stood up and brushed myself off, then turned to the person who was laughing so loud.

"Still the clumsy girl, I see." Tom Evans.

I turned my heel, heading for Room 142, trying to ignore his snickering. But he suddenly asked a question that made me stop.

"So how's your imaginary talking stuffed animals?"

Turning to glare at him, he smirked. Crap, he hit the jackpot.

"I was right? You still talk to them?" He started laughing more.

I closed my eyes, telling myself not to fall for his trap again. Repeating what I did, I dashed to Room 142 as soon as possible. When I finally did, everyone was staring at me.