My Magic Stuffed Animals - Chapter 4

Chapter Four

I took off my necklace and placed it back in the box, keeping it safe through the night.

"Good night, Trinie," Kit said, cuddling against my neck.

"I'm not going to sleep yet. I have to finish this book," I replied, holding up the book I was reading.

"Haunted Eggrolls..?" She tilted her head and made a face.

I grinned. "Nice."

"Hey! We needed to do something while you were gone from school," she argued.

Speaking of 'we', I looked at Kevin, who was back on his spot. I sighed. I guess that was a once in a lifetime hug from him.

Kit followed my gaze. "Don't worry, Trinie. He'll open up to you... One day."

Kevin looked at us, only to look away again.

After reading a chapter, I guess I fell asleep because the next thing I knew, I was waking up by the sound of my alarm clock. I scratched my head before retrieving my iPod out of my pillow and stopped the alarm. Another day of school.

I did my daily routine. Get up, take a quick shower, dress, take my backback, say bye, and go downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Second day of 8th grade?"

I looked up from my cereal bowl of Cheerios to see Father looking at me.

"Uh, yeah." I took a spoonful and popped it in my mouth. No lecture today from the newspaper?

Mother came in with a cup of coffee. "Do you have your materials?"

"Yep," I replied, tapping my Yin Yang backback with my free hand.

I was about to take another spoonful until a honk made me drop it.

"I'll see you later," I mumbled, heading out the door. I waved at Mr. Jay again before walking up the steps of the bus, taking my seat at the back.

Looking up at my bedroom window again, I realized I forgot to put on my necklace! Darn it. Too late to get it now.

Heading to my first class, I felt someone tap me on my right shoulder. When I looked, no one was there. Laughter struck on my left. I groaned at whose laugh it was.

"Stuffed animal girl! How's your mind working?" Tom snickered.

I glared at him.

"Jeez. No need to be so serious," he said, laughing even more. Ugh. Can't he just disappear? 

Before I could say something back, he ran off. I glared at him and went to my class. I wonder what was his problem. Probably had to go to the bathroom.

I found Mr. Joel sitting in his desk.

"Good morning, Mr. Joel," I greeted, since he always liked being greeted like that.

He looked up at me with a business-like face. "Ah, good morning, Ms. Aldaine."

I nodded and headed for my seat. I just noticed that the class was half empty. I checked the clock above Mr. Joel's desk. It was already 7:45. Only five more minutes until the bell rings.

After reading two pages on my book, the bell rung. Did I forget to mention that one of the Lington sisters was in my English class?

"Yeah! Oh my god, he was so hot in football!" Sara laughed with her clique.

"Ms. Lington. You're late," said Mr. Joel. "I also suggest that you don't talk about your personal matters in here."

Sara stopped laughing and cleared her throat. "I'm sorry, Mr. Joel. I hope I haven't interrupted your class." Kiss up.