My Magic Stuffed Animals - Chapter 1

Chapter One

I smiled in my sleep I as dreamed about my real parents again. The same dream that kept repeating over and over, nothing before or after.

"Happy 8th birthday, Trinie!" cheered my mom and dad, wearing party hats that were clearly too small for their head.

I giggled with joy. "Thank you, Mommy and Daddy!"

Mom smiled and turned her head to face dad. "Psst. Eric," whispered mom.

Dad's eyes went wide as he darted out of the living room and into the kitchen. There was suddenly a loud crashing sound.

"Daddy?" I got up to check on him, but he stopped me.

"No, no! I'm fine, sweetie. Just stay there or it won't be a surprise," he said.

Mom giggled, taking frosting off of my cake. I laughed as she put it on her nose. I was laughing too much that I didn't notice Dad come back with a big gift-wrapped box with rainbow polka dots.

"Ta-da!" He placed the box infront of me, the colorful wrapper catching my attention. "Go on, open it."

I quickly stripped the box of its wrapper, revealing a red cardboard box. My smile stretched from ear to ear as I impatiently lifted the top off. I looked inside the box to find a big brown teddy bear with a red bowtie on its chest. My eyes twinkled with excitement.

"It's so cute!" I cheered, hugging it with all my might, feeling the soft chocolate colored fur on my cheek. "I'll name you.... Kevin!" 

Kevin smiled, though I can tell he's shy. I have a new buddy.

Mom and Dad watched me twirl around with my new friend. Their smiles growing with each second, but their eyes told a different story.

After my small birthday party, my mom helped me get into my rubber ducky pajamas. We also brushed our teeth together, singing the song to which direction to brush.

Before tucking me in, I grabbed my newest friend from the shelf and jumped onto my bed. Mom cupped my head with her hands and kissed my forehead softly. 

"Good night, Trinie. Remember, you're never alone when you have friends you care for."

She repeated the same phrase she always had ever since I was a baby. I never really understood it though, but I guess she wanted to make me feel better, since I couldn't make human friends.

You see, when I was younger, I could do something that other kids couldn't.

I can talk to stuffed animals.

When I told them that I could, they said I was weird and creepy. So, I showed them.

When I was 6, I invited some of my classmates over to my house, where I took my very first stuffed animal, which was a white kitty that I got when I was 4, and placed it on the coffee table. I started telling her to talk, and she did, but when I looked at my classmates, they were just staring at me with blank faces.

I tried to try a different way to persuade them, so I told Kitty to stand up, but she didn't. She said she couldn't, even though she's always walking around my room. I guess I took a while talking to Kitty that my classmates were already heading for the door.

The last words they said before leaving the door was, "You're weird. We don't like weird people."

After that, I argued with Kitty for lying to me, but she said she didn't lie. She said she just couldn't.

"We can only be heard and seen by you, because you believe in us."

I really didn't understand anything at first, but because of my ability, extraordinary things happen.

I meet new friends that I would care for.

____________________________________________________

Haha~ This story is based on 'cute' stuff I guess, with a little romance. It's really different from my other books, but I'm trying something new.

Comment and Vote~!  LOL ^-^