My Magic Stuffed Animals - Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

What was he doing here? Seriously. Here I am minding my own business then a wild annoying boy appears. Just by appearing, it's super effective that I have to hide.

"...being mean to her?" says a voice that's really familiar, but not Tom's.

"Why can't I be?" asked Tom with a bratty tone. I wanted to smack him just by talking.

"You're hurting her," replied the voice. Really, this voice is so familiar and yet, I can't place it. Where did I hear this voice before? Gah! I hate it when this happens. Stupid brain cells!

Anyway, who are they talking about? Who's "she"?

Tom didn't reply after about an hour or something, which is surprising because that mouth of his never stops. "I can't stop or I'll end up telling her what she's not suppose to hear." A pause. "Maybe we should just tell her."

"No. We can't. The more she knows, the more she's going to risk things that aren't necessary," said the voice with a hint of sadness.

The memory of Kit saying that I shouldn't know more for my safety popped up in my head. Half of myself wants me to not hear this while my other half says I should listen some more.

To listen or not to listen is the question.

"Arg! I can't take it anymore. Like you said, I'm hurting her more and more as we keep the secrets from her. I can't help it. I need to talk to her. I need to tell her."

A huge pause.

"Tom..."

Tom sighed. "You know how much I like her."

I froze. I literally froze. Did Tom just say he likes a girl? Woah, woah, woah. Hold your mouse. This is definitely unexpected. Tom liking a girl? I must be hearing things. But still, who are they talking about? I want to look at who Tom's talking to, but the bush is too thick and too tall to see through and if I go on my toes, I'm pretty sure it'll cause attention. Twigs are everywhere.

Either way, to listen is the answer.

The unknown voice sighed also. "Keep enduring it as much as you can. It's not the time to tell her yet. Wait until we see what's going on at Talia."

Talia.

Didn't Kit say she's trying to open a portal to the Land of Talia ever since a disconnection? This unknown voice must know what's going on. But who is it? Crap if only I can see.

Another pause.

"I have a suspicion," said the voice.

"What's that?" Tom grumbled.

"Last year, he wasn't a problem, but now for some reason, he sensed me while I was spying. He almost saw me."

"What? Are you sure it wasn't a coincidence?" asked Tom, alert.

The owner of the voice probably nodded. "I'm sure. He looked behind him and his eyes were fixed exactly where I was standing."

"That's a problem. Think they're starting to notice us?"

"Well, there's no doubt about that. The barrier Biz was suppose to control for us is disappearing. I can feel it."

Another name I remember Kit saying. Biz. My Guardian that was suppose to protect me that my parents trusted.

Now I'm really curious who this person is. He might know what happened to my parents.

As I was about to stand up, I felt heavy and had to sit back down. What's going on? My vision is starting to blur and I can't seem to focus. The grass is turning into circles and the trees started dancing.

"Quick! Get her before they notice!" This voice is new. It was a girl's voice with a leader tone. I don't think I've heard it before.

Hands reached out for me and I tried to scream, but my voice somehow won't come out. My sight was becoming worse and things were starting to get dark.

I forced myself to snap out of it and ran. It kind of hurt because my body felt heavy and my eyes were drooping and my surroundings were being eaten up by darkness.

"Stop her!" says the same girl's voice.

I heard footsteps coming after me and this time, I gave it my all and screamed for help. It took up a lot of energy though, so I ended up tripping and couldn't pick myself up again. It angered me that I felt so vulnerable and weak.

The footsteps were coming closer. I can hear the impact of their feet with the earthy ground. I slowly blinked, trying so, so hard to keep awake.

I was glad I tried because the sound of footsteps started scattering and grew faint. Someone must've driven them off.

Relieved, I looked up at the sky, seeing those birds again, twittering and calling for one another.

"Trinie..." someone said.

I was too tired to answer and finally let my eyes close. I was so, so sleepy.

I forgot most of what happened after waking up at the same white bedroom, but I was certain I saw the same black eyes that I saw on my way to the bus at school.

Was that boy the one Tom was talking to?

"Trinie..."

Just who is he?

______________________________________________________

Who is that mystery guy? Do you remember him?