Chapter 5

~Joey's POV~

I stared wide-eyed towards Cat. She never behaved like this. I never thought of her as the outgoing type. I thought she was shy and more reserved than other girls I have dated in the past.

"Umm...Cat? What are you doing?"

She walked towards me seductively. Wasn't she worried about privacy??? The door was wide open! Out of embarrassment, I quickly turned my head and looked out the door to see if anyone saw what was happening. As I glanced around my eyes landed on a familiar face.

Shane.

I could have sworn that he was looking right at me and he looked so forlorn. My eyes could have been playing tricks though because he was staring at the ground after I blinked my eyes. I don't know why, but I had the sudden urge to run over to him and comfort him because he looked so....broken.

I turned my attention back to Cat when I felt her hand under my shirt and tracing my chest and abs. She closed the door behind us. She took my hand in hers, and led me to the center of the living room.

Once again I asked, "Cat What are you doing?" It looked like she was

She leaned towards my ear and whispered, "What does it look like?"

She smirked and slowly leaned and we ended up being face to face. We were looking into each other's eyes and her lips were dangerously close to mine.

"I love you, Joey."

She put her lips against mine and put her arms around my waist. But something....something just didn't FEEL right. I mean, sure, I love her kisses and recieving her affection, but I didn't feel fireworks like I used to. Instead, there were faint sparks. It's as if our "honeymoon stage" was over.

We pulled away from each other. She walked away and went towards the hallway which led to her bedroom. She turned around and faced towards me and looked at me expectantly.

After seeing my confused face, she said, "Aren't you coming, Joey?"

I gulped agian. What is she doing?

I was sweating profusely. I took a step forward and then another. I soon ended up in front of Cat's room and I knocked.

I heard Cat's voice from the other side of the door, "Come in."

I grabbed the knob and twisted it.

Cat was lying on the bed. She was still in her lengerie and she was ATTEMPTING to pose like a model.

I remained under the arch of the doorway just gaped at her.

She slowly got out of bed and came towards me.

I was scared of what would happen next, so I quickly said, "What about the lunch date?"

She continued to come to me unfazed. She replied slyly, "It can wait." She put her arms around my neck and and put we were mouth to mouth again. I really didn't enjoy it. It was just too much. She was shoving her tongue down my throat and she was beginning to unbutton my jeans.

I pried her away from me and apologized, "I'm sorry, but I feel this is a little rushed. I know we are in a relationship, but we've only been together for a week..."

I was interrupted by her when she said, "Joey, Joey, it's okay. I'm sorry I made you feel uncomfortable. I understand." She smiled reassuringly and got into an outfit that consisted of a t-shirt, leggings and a cute skirt.

I sighed. I was relieved that it was over and to top everything off, she was okay with it and she completely understood how I felt. It reminded me of that's why I love her. I smiled at her as she grabbed her purse and wallet.

"Let's go, " she said as she walked out into the hallway and approached the door that led outside. I followed suit and we both went into the car and headed to our lunch date.

----------------------------------

After we finished eating, I dropped off Cat at her house.

I was exhausted from everything that happened.

I arrived at my apartment and plunked myself onto the couch and yawned. I sighed. I was blankly staring at the wall opposite of me for a few minutes when-

BEEP

Cat<3: Hey, thanks for the lunch date again. And sorry for that incident earlier...forgive me? xx

Joey: Of course I forgive you! And no need to apologize. I am happy you understand

I smiled down at the phone and thought of how amazing Cat was.

My smile faded away when I saw the name "Shane" in my recent texts list. I remembered how sad he looked when I was at the doorway of Cat's house. It made me worried. I wasn't concerned just because I was his friend, but I couldn't help but think that I was the reason why he felt that way.

I wonder what I did wrong...

~Shane's POV~

I stopped dead in my tracks.

I saw him standing at the doorway of someone else's house. His back was facing me and there was a girl standing in front of him practically naked. I was about to turn my head around and walk away, but he turned his head. He looked a bit frantic, but his facial expression changed to a symathetic one once he spotted me.

"That girl must be his girlfriend," I thought.

I felt a pain in my chest as he looked at me with those gorgeous green eyes. I quickly faced the ground and continued walking. I heard the door to her house close and I couldn't bear to think what Joey and his girlfriend could be doing inside.

As I thought about Joey being with another girl, I felt tears threatening to escape my eyes. I wanted to go as far away as I can from them. I ran. I ran before the tears could rush out, but it was too late. They were already streaming down my face. My vision was blurry, and I had no idea where I was headed.

My body was getting tired of running and I looked around. I looked up and recongnized the tall building before me as the mall which was MILES away from home. Did I really run that far? I groaned knowing that I would have to walk back home. I saw teenage girls chatting and holding shopping bags, there were toddlers holding their mother's hands, and there were cars constantly entering and exiting the parking lot. I just stood near the entrance and ignored the "No Soliciting" sign. I stood there for a couple more minutes. I had no idea what to do next. It was getting dark and it was a little chilly so I put my hands in my pockets to warm them up. I felt something jingle in my pocket and I came to a realization. My car was at fucking Starbucks.

I groaned even louder.

Are you fucking kidding me??

I had to get the car before it became too dark, so I headed towards Starbucks. I had no idea HOW long I would have to keep walking becasue Starbucks was all the way across town.

I was pretty sure I walked for about an hour or so. I looked around and there was nobody around. There were no cars, or people. There was just a couple of houses with light illuminating from their windows. The street lamps were lighting up the sidewalk. I felt exhausted and I knew Starbucks was a couple more miles from here. There was a bench at the side of the street and I practically collapsed on it. I took out my phone from my pocket and checked the time. It read 8:30. Eh, it wasn't that late. I tucked my arms under my shirt and sat there. I wanted to take a small break before continuing. Maybe sitting here for a couple minutes wouldn't hurt...

I rested my head back and felt myself dozing off...

____________________________

A/N: So hey guys! Sowwy for the late update :( I know you guys have been waiting (blame it on school) You can expect another chapter sometime later this week because I HAVE THE WHOLE WEEK OFF!!!! :D (It's called Fall Recess)

I hope you enjoyed it! If you did:

VOTE

COMMENT

AND SHARE!!!!

(It would mean a lot and I mean A LOT to me :) )