Chapter 8

~Joey's POV~

Then a weird smell caught my nose...

I looked down where I was cooking the bacon and saw that they turned charcoal black and were caught on fire.

"Holy crap!" I screamed as I panicked. I didn't know what to do. I went with my first instinct and grabbed a cup from the cupboard. I ran to the sink and filled it up with cold tap water. I hurriedly ran over to the burning bacon. Water always puts out fire...right?

"Joey!" Shane screamed and ran over as soon as he saw what I about to do.

He managed to cover the pan by putting the lid on the top. That took out the fire immediately.

I should keep that in mind for next time. I was relieved, but I began to worry again because I saw that he managed to burn himself. I was mesmerized by what Shane did for me, but he got hurt pretty badly.

"Shane, are you okay?"

He just stood there and looked at me with a look I couldn't really recognized.

"I'll be right back," I said before I ran towards the bathroom to get the first aid kit.

When I went back towards the kitchen, I saw that Shane was running cold water over the burns on his arms.

I reached over and grabbed his arm gently. I inspected his arms and the burns were pretty bad. Some of them were mild-the skin was swollen and red; while others were worse and more blister-like.

I opened the first aid kit and took out the burn cream.

"This won't hurt..." I said as I squeezed a tiny amount of cream onto my finger and gently applied it on one of his burns by dabbing it. I continued to do the same until I was done.

The whole time, Shane hasn't said a word. He just stood there peacefully looking at my face. He probably thought that I wouldn't notice, but I saw it in the corner of my eyes. I looked up to look at him so I could see how he is doing. He immediately turned his head away from me and looked aimlessly at something else.

I sighed and broke the silence, "Shane..."

"You know, if I didn't stop you the situation could have been A LOT worse. This house might have burned down and you would have ended up going to the hospital."

After he explained that I could have caused a grease fire and after he explained what a grease fire can do, I was shocked how I could have caused a really big problem. I opened my mouth to contiinue what I was going to say earlier.

Shane put his hand up to stop me, "No, no. It's okay. I know what you are going to say. No need to thank me or apologize." He smiled and continued, "I should go home, but my car is probably still at Starbucks..."

I forgot what I was going to say and "Starbucks? Why is your car at Starbucks?" I was very puzzled and curious as to why his car was still there.

"Oh...um...when you found me on the bench, I kind of walked there from Starbucks..." His voice trailed off.

I sighed in disappointment and pity. Why did he do that? Well, it didn't matter because I'll take care of him.

"I'll drive you there!" I said immediately. I got my coat on and grabbed my keys before Shane could protest.

"I...Joey....no..." Shane stammered.

I didn't want to hear any of it, so I just grabbed his arm and jacket and dragged him out the door. He ended up just going along with it.

He just gave me a "...really" look before he got into the passenger side of the car.

I just smiled and got into the car myself. I continued to smile because I felt like I accomplished something great. I don't know why becasue all I am doing is a favor for a friend. That's what friends are for.

But no matter how much I tell myself that, I can't help but feel that the word "friend" does not fit and it doesn't really sound right to me.

I shook my head and pulled out of the driveway and proceeded to drive towards Starbucks. I focused on getting Shane his car back and pushed the rest of those thoughts to the back of my head.

After a pretty quiet drive there, we just sat in silence for a few moments.

"Thanks Joey. For the ride and letting me stay at your apartment," Shane said with the cutest smile ever.

"No problem!" I answered,"I had a lot of fun."

I reached over to hug Shane, but he winced.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," I apologized. I forgot about the burns hidden under his clothes. "You should go to the doctor to get that taken care of." I was really concerned about him.

"I will..." Shane said in an uneasy voice.

We just stared into each other's eyes. This immediately brought me back when I looked into his eyes at the party a couple weeks ago. They were so captivating. I could stare at them and be lost in them for hours.

He looked at me back and we just stared at each other's eyes for a while. They seemed to sparkle and they were brighter than ever before.

Shane cleared his throat, "Ummm..I should...I should go now."

I was broken out of my trance, "Oh...oh-okay."

What was that Joey?

"Uh bye..." Shane said as he shut the door and walked away.

I took a deep breath to calm down....

Why is my heart beating so fast?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm SOOO sorry.

I AM SINCERELY SORRY FOR NEGLECTING THIS FANFIC. It's just that I really didn't have time to continue...Don't worry, I am not giving up on this story :)

I'll see you next time, and I've had a lot of time lately, so I hope I get to update soon :)

BYE! :P

P.S. DID YOU SEE THE NEW SHOEY VIDEOS OMGOMGOMG I was like "THANK GOD" because I was going through withdrawal symptoms due to the lack of Shoey. Let's hope for more :D *crosses fingers*