Chapter 9

~Shane's POV~

As soon as my back was turned to Joey's car, tears escaped my eyes. That hug just multiplied my feelings and looking into his eyes...I was surprised that I managed not to kiss him. Trust me; it took a lot of strength not to.

He means so much to me and I like him so much. I'm pathetic aren't I?

He has a girlfriend and he's straight. Why in the hell would I ever expect him to fall for me? But still...I can't give up my feelings for him. I can't let go of the small hope I have that someday....maybe someday he will like me back.

I walked to my car and got in. I sighed to calm myself down and start the car.

When I get to the apartment, I just collapse onto my couch. Ouch that hurts. I scrunch my face in pain. I completely forgot about how painful my burns were. They are slowly healing thanks to Joey.

I grin. Joey.

My mind trails off to when Joey applied the medication on my burns and when we had that little moment...or should I say when I had that little moment in the car.

I was still hungry because my breakfast went into the garbage can after Joey burned it up into ashes. Oh Joey. I subconsciously shook my head with a smile on my face.

I grabbed my phone and dialed my favorite pizza place. And of course I memorized the number by heart. Why wouldn't I? I ordered half a pie of cheese and the other half, pepperoni.

When the pizza arrived about twenty minutes later, I began devouring the pizza piece by piece. I soon became full. I looked at the empty pizza box.

"Ahh. Nothing's better than pizza for breakfast."

~Joey's POV~

I shake of the feeling off by having a few deep breaths of air and shaking my head back an forth. I begin too pull out of the Starbucks parking lot. I didn't feel like going home, so I decided to give Cat a visit.

When I got there, Cat came out of her house to greet me.

"Oh my gosh, Joey! What are you doing here?" She sounded really happy and I smiled.

We held hands as we walked through the door. We sat next to each other on the couch and she kissed me and I kissed her back.

We pulled away but instead of seeing her smiling, I saw an upset and disappointed expression painted on Cat's face. My smile faded away.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

There was silence and then she spoke, "Shouldn't I be asking you that question?"

"Huh?" I was still really confused.

"The kiss, Joey. You were hesitant to kiss me and I don't know. It felt...different. Different than the other times." Cat explained.

Was I hesitant? Oh...

"Cat, I don't know wh-"

Cat cuts me off and firmly questioned, "You're not cheating on me, are you?"

She TOTALLY caught me off guard with that one. "Wha- what the hell, Cat! No! Why would you even come up with that!"

That's just out of the line. Why would she say that? Did I seem like that kind of person? Obviously I would at least break up with her if I started liking someone else and I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

"Cat-"

"Just forget it," she sighed, "you're obviously upset by what I said. Sorry for jumping to conclusions."

Yeah, jumping to absurd conclusions.

"...alright," I answered.

Cat decided to change the subject, "Joey, did you eat lunch yet?"

"No, I didn't. I didn't even eat breakfast yet." Because Shane was over at my house.

I was going to tell Cat about Shane coming over, but if I tell her that she might assume stuff and it might be really bad.

"Joey? What are you thinking about?"

"Uh...what?"

"Oh..." She has a smirk on her face.

Oh my god she thinks I was thinking of that?! Ew! Wait...ew...?

Before I could think about it longer, Cat yanked me by the arm and we began cooking brunch together.

After eating and talking for a little bit, I stood up and walked to the door to say goodbye. Cat followed behind me. I turned around.

"Bye Cat. Thanks for the brunch," I said smiling.

She leaned in but I turned my head to the side on impulse so her lips ended up landing on my cheek.

She pulled back confused. I was confused too. Why did I do that?

"Bye Cat," I said again once more and walked outside with Cat standing there speechless.

I went into the car. What's going on? What's wrong with me these days...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Finally I have the next chapter up :D please leave a comment so I know if you are still reading so I know if I should continue or not.

I started Chapter 10 already and I'll hopefully get it up tonight!

SUPPORT ME BY COMMENTING AND VOTING AND FOLLOWING ME AND...YEAH LOL...okay bye