Chapter 14

~Joey's POV~

I opened my eyes. I realize I'm in an unfamiliar place, but I remembered that me and Shane just decided to sleep here since it was really late. Ugh...I smell like french fries and chicken. Gross....

I sit up on Shane's couch and stretch. I checked the clock and damn, we slept a long time. It was already 11:34.

I wonder if Shane's awake yet. I stand up and walk to Shane's bedroom and knocked on his door twice. There was no answer, so I opened the door slightly and took a peek inside. Yup, he's still sleeping. He was covered under the blanket. I could only see a mop of brown hair on his pillow with his forehead and the top part of his red blindfolds slightly showing from under his blanket.

Should I wake him up? I completely opened the door and entered his room. The blinds were already open so sunlight was streaming into the room which was lighting up the whole place. Even thought the room was lit from top to bottom, he wouldn't realize it because of those thick blindfolds.

I slowly sat on the edge of the bed because I didn't want to wake him up. His hair looked so soft and welcoming, so I started to lightly run my fingers through his brown hair. And I was right. His hair was really soft. As soft as feathers.

I pulled my hand away as Shane groaned and rolled over.

"I didn't take a shower for a while, you know," Shane said with his voice muffled by the pillow. He turned his head and smiled up at me. He pulled his blindfolds up to his forehead after he realized he had them on. He continued smiling up at me with those blue eyes.

There goes my beating heart again. I just smiled back in response.

"Now go take a shower," I commanded Shane.

"Ughhh...but it's so early." Shane groaned.

"Don't be a lazy ass and get up!" I teased as I pulled of the blanket off him.

"Okay, MOM," Shane answered.

I just rolled my eyes and started to walk out of his room when I saw him grab his towel, and clothes from the suitcase I packed yesterday. Including his worn out briefs.

"I'll add 'Buy Shane new underwear' to my 'To Do' list because we really need to get you new ones," I giggled. At least they're not as bad as the ones I saw all the way in the back of the closet. Those had huge holes in them that the underwear itself was practically non-existent.

I sat on the couch and looked at my phone and played some games while I waited since I had nothing else to do.

Shane eventually came out nice and clean with no body odor radiating from him. As always, he had his teenage mutant ninja turtles t-shirt and jeans with a grey headband around his straigtened hair. He said it's used for keeping his hair down.

"Are you ready to go now?" I asked.

"Where?"

"My apartment!"

"Now?!" Shane asked bewildered.

"Yeah! Then when were you planning to go?," I asked," Plus, I want some breakfast," I added.

"Come on, let's go!" I grabbed my car keys and went ahead out the door. Shane followed behind me with his giant suitcase.

___________________________________

~Shane's POV~

We arrived at his apartment and it was weird for me to think that I'm going to spend 24/7 with the person I like. I don't think I could handle it, but I have no other choice. Sigh...in the back of my mind, it still hurts knowing that Joey is never going to even have feelings for me. I've been completely friendzoned. It's the worst thing ever.