Chapter 6

~Joey's POV~

I must have dozed off a little bit because when I opened my eyes, it was very dark out. I hope I didn't sleep that much...

I sat up from the couch. And yes, you can call me a very sleepy boy. I yawned three times before I found the motivation to swing my legs over the edge of the couch and stand up. I glanced at the clock, and sure enough, it wasn't that late. It was about 7:00.

I didn't have much to do, but since the weather was getting cold, I might as well get a couple new long sleeve shirts and maybe even a hoodie.

I went into the bathroom and glanced in my mirror. Let me just say, my hair was messed up. Half of it was sticking up and half of it was down. It looked so bad. I immediately grabbed all of my hair products and took a couple minutes to get my hair back to shape. After I applied the last of my hair wax, I examined it closely in the mirror. Perfect. I flashed a smile to mirror Joey.

Before I got carried away making funny faces in the mirror and admiring myself, I put on a jacket, grabbed my keys and headed towards my car. Where am I going, you say? To the mall to get some shopping done!

It was 7:38 when I got to the mall. I was lucky to find a good parking spot in front of the mall. I got out of the car and walked towards the entrance. It's been a while since I've been here and it was nice because of the lively atmosphere.

I walked through the automated doors and was met by the sight of teenagers huddled in their cliques, people talking on their phones, mothers pushing a baby carriage around and people eating ice cream at benches. I was taking in the surroundings. It was different from being at home all alone. And don't even get me started with the heavenly smells that were coming from the food court.

I walked towards the first store I was going to shop at. As I was walking there were a couple girls that were looking at me and giggling. I just rolled my eyes. They are probably even underage....I glanced back at them with one of my "Really" faces and they eventually stopped and talked in hushed whispers. I tried really hard not to laugh because I found it very ridiculous. I finally got to the place I wanted and shopped since then with no interruptions.

After visiting a couple of my favorite stores, I ended up getting three long sleeve shirts and two hoodies. It was way past 8 by the time I exited the mall with my two shopping bags in each hand.

I was EXHAUSTED, and I had no idea why. I think I just needed some sleep. By now, I just wanted to go home.

I drove and continued to listen to the radio. When I saw something up ahead.

There was a man. On a bench. Just laying there.

Should I go help him? Should I leave him alone?

What if he is dangerous? Will he pull a gun on me?

My thoughts were going crazy and my mind was decided whether to help him out or not.

I decided to because I just couldn't leave someone lying there on a bench in the cold weather without AT LEAST talking to him. I pulled up next to the bench. I got out of the car and VERY cautiously walked to the shivering figure on the bench.

"Uh-," I hesitated a bit, "H-hello. Um..my name's Joey, heh heh."

No response.

I went up closer to the man and looked at his face. His hair was covering half of it. He looked vaguely familiar....

He rolled over which allowed me to see his whole face clearly.

He was shivering uncontrollably. I gasped and my eyes widened.