Chapter 15

~Shane's POV~

We're going to the mall once again. I swear. This is the most times I've gone to the mall like...ever. I looked at the familiar houses and the scenery as we passed by. There was beeping in the distance and it was around rush hour. Everyone was rushing to go to work. I looked at Joey and he looked bored with just sitting there waiting for the cars to move. I looked to my right and there was an old grandma smoking what could be a normal cigarette or pot. I sighed and faced forward. This is going to take a while...

~Joey's POV~

I listened to Shane's slow breathing next to me. He had his eyes closed and had a slight peaceful smile. I unconciously took my right hand from my side and ran my fingers through his hair . This might become a bad habit but I couldn't help myself.

BEEP!

"CAN YOU FUCKING MOVE?!?!" A man behind us yelled harshly.

Shane woke up startled and I immediately removed my hand from his hair an began to move forward. That was kind of annoying even though I admit that I should have been watching the road...instead of looking at Shane.

~Shane's POV~

After what feels like an hour, we finally got to the oh so magnificent mall.

Joey looked at me with a determined face and said, "Let's commence this mission."

"Joey, it's really not that big of a deal."

"You call huge holes in your undies 'not a big deal'?"

I ended up getting dragged into the mall. Sigh I think I'm going to be here for a LONG time.

After like...one? Two? Three? I have no idea how much time passed, but here is what you missed: Joey dragged me into 6 different stores to get me underwear and we went to grab lunch somewhere. We're pretty much done here.

~Joey's POV~

"Joey, should I get a haircut? My hair is getting pretty long."

"NO! Don't cut your hair! I mean...no, your hair looks fine." Because if you cut it, I won't have much to run my fingers through.

"Oh okay..." Shane said, surprised from my sudden outburst. "Should we get ice cream?" Shane suggested.

"Ice cream? That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Sure, why not?" I replied.

We walked into the ice cream parlor with Shane's shopping bags of underwear.

"What would you like?" The lady at the counter said when we approached her.

"I would like two scoops of strawberry ice scream please," Shane answered first.

"And I'll have a sugar cookie," I said after looking at their delicious collection of cookies.

The lady proceeded to scoop the first scoop of Shane's strawberry ice cream. "I think you guys are a cute couple by the way."

"A-are you talking to us?" I asked, just to make sure.

Shane looked at me with alarm and assured that we are not a couple while laughing it off.

"Oh I'm sorry, I was almost certain...I'm sorry," the lady apologized.

Shane reassured that it is okay and that she doesn't have to apologize. That's when I realized it. I looked around and I began to get concious.

As soon as the ice cream and my cookie was ready, I told him, "Shane, let's go home."

As we were going towards the entrance, I looked around with caution. People were definitely looking at us, weren't they? They were assuming that we are a couple, weren't they? I kept looking around and scurried out to the lot as soon as I can and Shane was having trouble catching up.

"Joey, slow down. Joey, are you okay?"

I didn't answer him and I didn't look back.

~Shane's POV~

Joey is definitely acting really weird. Why is he doing this? Is it because of what the lady at the ice cream parlor said? I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I was just worried about Joey noticing me blushing because I probably was. Thank god he didn't though. Joey sped up and got into the car first and I caught up soon after. The mood was getting more awkward but I didn't want to say anything becaue it would probably just make it worse. We didn't say a word to each other on the way home.

I really thought things were going okay.

I got out of the seat, took all of the bags of underwear and went inside Joey's apartment. Is he mad at me though? Why was the comment about us being a couple bother him that much?

He doesn't see me that way.

He's straight.

Shane, why would you even try.

He definitely hates me doesn't he?

He hates me.

A/N: After 2 long months, I am finally back. I really do apologize for the slow updates. A lot has been going on with my family and I also need to study for the SATs (if you don't know what that is, it's a test in the U.S. that is required for college) so I have been really busy with stuff. I am still going to be really busy from now on, but hopefully I will find time to continue writing (It's the middle of the night rn)

I really hope people are still reading my story because it has been that long XD. And  I decided not to cut Shane's hair :P

I will try my best to answer to everyone's comments below :D

So please comment because I love getting feedback :) (good or bad-doesn't really matter)