Chapter 12: I Know Lots Of Things...

I knocked on the door three times.

 "Come in!" The same familiar voice invited.

 I opened the door. "Hey, I just wanna talk to... you?" My statement trailed into a question. In the room stood familiar Jounins surrounding a crystal ball that was in front of the hokage.

 "Uh, did I come in a really bad time...?" I awkwardly asked.

 The Hokage chuckled. "No, child, it is alright. Now, what brings you here?"

 "Well..." I entered the room and closed the door. "I came here to ask you... why is there a group of five?" I crossed my arms. "You could've teamed the four of us, but nooo. You just had to mess with me and team me up with a vengeance-seeking emo, a bubblegum-haired smart-ass, and a knuckle-headed demon!"

 The Hokage and the Jounins, except for Kakashi, seemed surprise. Ha! They should be! I'm not gonna go all shy just because he's the leader of this country.

 He composed himself and leaned forward with his arms on the table. "Ayame, what did you mean by 'knuckle-headed demon'?"

"Naruto!" I pointed out. "I mean, he is a knuckle-head."

The Hokage turned to the other Jounins, looking like they were having a silent conversation.

I huffed, then took a deep breath. I was about to say something to break the silence when I realized my mistake.

Shit....

I sighed. "Look, you don't need to worry about me knowing about Naruto and Sasuke. To be honest, I don't really care." I ran my hands through my hair. "But what I really want to know is about the teams. Why is there a group of five?"

All of them held surprised faces, even Kakashi. The Hokage was the one to recover.

"Ayame, what do you know about Naruto and Sasuke?"

My eye twitched. "A lot...." I said in all my suspenseful glory. "I know lots of things." I gave them an evil smile. "But I sure as hell don't know why there was a group of five!"

The Hokage sighed. "Ayame, about the groupings.... It was not my doing. The teams were chosen based on their member's abilities."

 "But still, a group of five?" I argued. "That's too many!"

 He shook his head. "Yes, I know. But I've already consulted Team Ten's teacher, he was fine with it."

 I looked at Asuma. "Yeah, if I were you, I'd pray." I chuckled. "Good luck with Ino and Aoi, hope they don't give you an early grave. Best wishes."

 He looked surprise. "How did you know that I was their teacher?"

 I shrugged. "I know lots of things..." I said again.

 He blinked. "Who are you?"

 "Your worst nightmare." I smiled evilly. "Naw, just kidding. My name's Al—Ayame."

 He raised his eyebrow. "And I'm—"

 "Asuma, I know." I cut him off. "Anyways, as I was saying, why can't you just make it four?"

 "Yes, I've considered that before, but I've observed that your friend, Aoi, is a little hot-head and your other friend, Inoue is it?" I nodded. "He's a cold-headed type. Therefore, balance." He smiled.

 I sighed, frustrated. "Ugh! I hate it when you're right."

 He chuckled at this. "Glad that we had that settled. Anything more?"

 I looked at him. "Yeah, actually there is..." I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry for causing you all this trouble, I'll try and not bother you in the future."