Chapter 14: A Day Gone Horribly Wrong

"Please?" I begged, doing my best puppy-eyes. "I will do anything."

Neji smirked then shook his head. "No. And that's final."

I felt my eye twitch. "What? Why? Please, Neji. This is something important."

"No." He stopped in his tracks. "What is it that you want anyway? Tell me first, then I'll consider it."

I shook my head. "Nuh uh. I won't tell you, not unless you promise me that you won't back out."

Anger flashed across his features. "Then I won't. Why should I do you a favor? I don't owe you anything and besides, I just met you."

"I know, I know." I sighed. "But please? This is really important. I promise that I'll make it up to you."

He narrowed his eyes at me, probably waiting for me to break. But unfortunately for him, I didn't. I stood my ground, determination in my eyes.

"Fine! But only if it's legal."

I rolled my eyes. "Sheesh. You make it sound like I'm a criminal." I shook my head, turning serious. "You promise that you'd do it, right?" He nodded. "Okay, well, I want to see your uncle."

He stared blankly at me. "What? No, I'm sorry, but no. I can't let you see him, not without any good reason."

"I have a reason."

"Oh, please, do tell," he beckoned.

I sighed, becoming frustrated. "It's not your busine---Okay, fine. Maybe it's your business but I won't tell you."

"Then I won't help you."

"Fine. I'll just ask Hinata." I turned and started to leave when I heard him call me.

"Wait. How did you know that I was a relative to Hinata?"

"I know lots of things, Hyuuga," I answered, my voice hard.

"I know that. But are you really that desperate?"

"What do you think? Look, Neji, I don't have time talking to you. If you can't help me, then I won't bother you." I bowed mockingly. "Now then, if you'll excuse me."

"Wait!" he called. "I'll help you. But you have to promise me that you'll tell me what's going on after you see him."

My eyebrow arched. "My, my... Quite the little gossiper now, are we?" I mocked. "And of course, I will."

He looked doubtful for a moment. "Okay, but I can't promise that you'll be able to see him."

I nodded, excitement building up in me. "Okay. A chance is more than enough."

-------
I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt nervously. We were now currently in the Hyuuga clan's place. People, whom I concluded as members of the clan, were shooting me annoyed, angry and confused looks. I looked down, unable to deal with the expressions they were making. Was I really hated like this?

'Of course you are.' My inner voice chuckled. 'Didn't you remember? You're in a world where everything revolved around power, influence and strength. Of course people will hate you. They think that you're nothing but a nuisance in this world. A burden, a problem, a useless good-for-nothing being; that's what they think of you.'

Tears stung my eyes but I shook my head, not letting them fall. Stop it, Alice! What the hell are you thinking about?! Stop being emo and think straight, will you!

"We're here," I heard Neji say.

I looked up and my jaw dropped. It was huge! It was so beautiful, so Japanese looking. From here, I could see that there was a rock garden behind the house. It looked like this place came out of a brochure. So beautiful!

I blinked, snapping out of my thoughts. "This is his house?"

"Yes," he nodded. "But this is where I stop. You could meet him in the room on the second floor, two rooms from the left. I wish you good luck. Oh, and please remember the deal." He turned and left.

"Wait!" I called but he was already gone. I sighed. Now what?

I took a deep breath. Okay, this is it! It's now or never. I took a step but turned around. Maybe next time...

I shook my head. Are you crazy! I mentally hit myself on the head. This is your ultimate chance of a lifetime and you are gonna back out?! What the hell's wrong with you, woman!

I sighed. Ugh! This is so frustrating! I sat on a corner and slouched, going into emo mode.

"Come on, Alice. You can do it." I tried to encourage myself.

"Um... E-excuse m-me? Wh-who are you?" A tiny voice asked.

I jumped in surprise and whipped my head to look at the person. It was Hinata wearing a kimono.

"So cute!" I beamed. "Oh, my gawd you are so cute! That kimono suits you!" I walked towards her momentarily forgetting what I was here for.

"Th-thank y-you," she said shyly.

"Oh my gawd!" I squeezed her cheeks. "You look like a doll."

"U-u-um..." She pushed me away. "Th-thank you for the c-compliment. But I a-asked you a question."

Silence...

"Oh my gawd! I am dying!" I hugged her tightly.

"L-let go!" She pushed. "Wh-what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm here 'cause I want to see yo---Oh, hot damn! I forgot!" I did a facepalm. "Shit! How could I forget about something like that! I am so stupid!" I returned to my emo mood and went to a corner, rocking myself back and forth.

"Uh..." She fidgeted awkwardly.

We stood there like that for a while, her standing there not knowing what to do and me sitting in a corner sulking. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, something hit me... literally.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." A person said. But that's all I got to hear.

My vision blurred and everything went black.

=======

I uploaded! I did! Yes! Whoohoo! *dances like a crazy monkey* Oh, yeah!

*ahem ahem* Anyways! Nothing happened here, I know. But at least it's something right? 

Comment what u think. Vote if you liked! XD