Chapter 25: Rough Draft

So this is my Chapter 25 rough draft! Enjoy! XD

--------

Someone was poking me. Incessantly. Annoyingly. It was Blade. I knew it. He was the only one stupid enough to interrupt my precious sleep.

"Go die in a hole," I grunted, and swatted the hand away.

For a while, there was peace. I sighed contently, snuggling inside my warm covers.

I was almost engulfed by the arms of sweet respite when, again, it started. Harder, this time.

"Go away," I groaned.

It continued.

"I'm warning you..."

Still there.

"Goddammit, Blade!" I exclaimed, annoyed. Expecting to see the familiar grinning face of a silver-haired monkey look-alike, I turned to find...

...a boy who resembled less a monkey, more an angel.

Huh?

Annoyance faded to confusion. Huge, doe-like, blue eyes peered at me between soft, brown locks of hair. A boy still, he looked no older than seven.

For a moment, neither of us spoke. I stared, bemused. Who the hell...?

And then he smirked wide. "You're stupid."

I blinked, what he said not fully registering yet, still wondering where the hell did this... boy came from. But then the words sunk in.

And so, doing what every mature, rational, human being in the world would do, should they be woken up by being poked continuously by a little boy whom they have never ever seen before in their lives, I narrowed my eyes, and lunged.

Holy hell and mother mercy!

I gasped as pain shot across every part of my body. Stars went behind my eyes as my knees gave out. Even moving my fingers seemed to hurt. I just laid there, hurting, thinking about how Karma was an unfair b-word and that in that moment, I really, really, really hated her.

And then the memories rushed out.

"Oh my god!" I sat up fast, then immediately regretted it.

Sweet pudding in a stick!

I tried to calm my breathing and let the wave of pain pass by, but I realized that one cannot really stop breathing that hard when one was currently in the throes of excruciating agony. So, failing that, I just thought about the heavens above using really bad words.

Karma was an unfair b-word.

I heard a childish laugh to my left, and resisted the urge to turn my head and glare.

"Boy, you are dead," I rasped through gritted teeth.

Then said boy replied with, "You're stupid."

The amount of willpower it took not to throw a knife at him was unbelievable.

"Timothy!" a female voice called out before I had the chance to retort back (or turn him into ashes by sheer force of will, whichever). I heard muffled shuffles, then cool glass met my dry, swollen lips.

I gratefully downed the water in three gulps.

"Thanks," I croaked, opening my eyes, trying to see what the woman looked like. It was hard, the dim light in the room not helping, but I could discern a mess of dark hair and brown skin.

Instantly a dozen different ways to say 'thank you' sprang from my throat, and the woman had to shush me from speaking so fast. I quieted.

"I knew it," the devil leaning on the door said. "You're stupid."