Five

Charlotte

...

"Took you guys long enough. " I looked up to see Ayame walking towards me.

" Well we had a lot to catch up on. Say what's the time. " she replied, picking up the ice tea from the table and sipping on it

" 2:35. " I glanced towards my watch. Her eyes widened and chugged down the drink like there was no tomorrow.

" Let's go. " she just said and gave the cup to kaneki "Thanks Ken. Were going."

" Have a safe trip then! Bye." he waved at us as we stepped out into the sidewalk, Ayame waving for a cab to pick us up.

"Whats with the rush?" I asked, suddenly surprised by her behavior

" I forgot to tell you, Shuu invited us to join his party later this evening at 7. He holds these gatherings once a month actually, to celebrate the United front." Ayame explained, picking at her nails

" And were leaving to buy dresses?" I gaped

"Yup. Get ready kiddo. Were going to get you dolled up."

"Oh dear."

...

3 hours has gone and passed, Ayame and I have finally finished shopping for our dresses and other necessities for later's event which takes part in an hour. She had laid out our dresses on the bed as I waited for her to finish up on showering. Glancing at the dress I picked, it was something that fit me perfectly, considering my slender build of a body and it fits my complexion, according to her.
The dress was a simple ombre V-neck tulle halter, the top was colored in pastel purple and bled down to pastel pink, the rest was all in white.

" Alright youre next." Ayame stepped out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her body. I got up and  entered the shower, the lock clicking behind me. I stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the already running water, having it run down my body. I cleaned up and opened the door, clutching the towel close to me. Ayame was already dressed in a deep green A-line dress with a slit on the left showing her leg, the small crown tattoo noticeable on her thigh. Silver t-strap pumps on her feet. Her dakr hair, curled and it flowed down to her upper back. Minimal make up was on her face, lip gloss shined in the room's light.

" Hey panty dropper." I smiled, putting on my undergarmnets. The dress came next as the material hung on my freely, a strap on my neck and the other two on my shoulders, the cut on my back showed a normal amount of skin. Ayame beckoned me to sit infront of her, facing the vanity, her hands skillfully turning my hair into a crown braid, simple make up caked my face as well as I slipped on a pair of golden laced gladiator sandals.

"Ready to go?" she asks me and I nod, smiling.

We locked the room and made our way to the elevators. A staff then led us towards the large hall to the right where other guests had gathered and wondered about. Everyone was dressed in their best formal attires, all looking elegant, fit for a party such as this with drinks in their hands as they chatted with one another. Others simply sat on their respective chairs that are somehow placed on the sides, leaving a large space in the middle infront of the small stage. Gold and white tapestry decorated the hall and food was laid on the tables by the staff. A few guests danced about but soon stopped as everyone stood from their seat as the owned of the hotel stepped unto the stage in his white and gold suit.

" Welcome ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for joining me once again for this monthly ball in celebration to the thriving peace between us. Let us all enjoy to our hearts content and may you all have a wonderful night." Tsukiyama smiled brightly before eveyone, bowed then stepped off the stage only to head to our direction
"Glad of you to join me this evening."

" Of course Shuu. Man, Ive missed a lot." Ayame replied as the man led us towards a table, I sat down as soon as they did and glanced around, my eyes soaking up the event.

" Indeed, my dear." his gaze then turned to me "Charlotte, how are you finding Tokyo so far?"

" Ive been here for a day and it started off fantastically. Im beggining to love it here." I beamed " And your party is just making it more incredible."

"Really? Im glad to hear that from you." he chuckles and stands up "Well, I have to go for now. Other guests might be wanting this presence right here and you ladies had been graced by me that others are getting jealous. Ill see you around."

"  Keep telling yourself that Shuu." Ayame shakes her head and starts to pick up her utensils, knife cutting into the soft steak on her plate. I follow suit and begin eating.

...

The night was still young as people started dancing and going about. Everyone mingled with each other, the feud between ghouls and humans completely diminished as I saw how comfortable everyone is. There was genuine happiness in their eyes as they smiled amongst each other.
Ayame was off to dancing with some handsome guy who asked almost too politely. I stood up from where I was sitting and made my way towards the lobby, away from the gathering, instead I went to the opposite hall, something I wanted to explore as soon as I got here.

The room was full of paintings, sculptures and expensive items that it seemed like a mini museum. I marveled at every craft my eyes got to see, as if they were all made by Apollo himself.
I came to a rather large painting of a girl dressed in a grand silver and white   ballgown. The artist sure was meticulous as they took care of every detail on the painting, as if it were real and Im staring at another room where this girl was in. She was beautiful as she stood in the room, a soft smile noticeable on her face , I realized how it looked similar to that of the hall where the guests are in. It mustve been painted there.

" Ethereal isnt she?"