Four

Charlotte

....

" Welcome to Japan. " Ayame smiled beside me inside the cab.

" This country is like something Ive never been to before. Its beautiful!" I beamed at her, my eyes glued to the sceneries that past by as the vehicle sped into a busy street.

" Here's the hotel. " Ayame announced as the cab came to a halt in front of a lavish hotel. We paid and had our bags carried by the staff who stood outside the doors. The place was well lit and the interior was everything. It was beautiful.

" Ah there you are." a silky voice came from the right, coming from a tall man dressed in purple all over. By the small unnoticable badge upon his left colar indicates that he is definitely a United front representative.

"Hey Tsukiyama." Ayame greeted the man who smiled back in mirth

" Its been a long time my dear. I see you've brought a friend. " he turned his gaze towards me

"Charlotte, meet Tsukiyama Shuu. An old friend of mine and owner of this place."

" Nice to meet you." I eagerly shook his awaiting hand

" Pleasure is all mine." he smirked and planted a light peck on my knuckles

" Shuu. " Ayame said sternly or a bit threatening. The purple haired male just raised his hands in surrender and took a step back.

"So shall we?" he asked and motioned towards the elevators.

" Of course. "

....

After unpacking, Ayame giddily dragged me outside the hotel and called for a cab. After a few turns down the bustling streets of tokyo, our ride came to a stop in front of a small cafe. I glanced up reading the name. Anteiku.

"Ayame is that you? " a navy blue haired girl asked as we stepped in, she was dressed in a waiter's outfit, fringe swept to the left side. Another figure came up from behind her, it was a boy with gray hair that almost seemed unusual for someone, smiled at us.

"Touka! It's great to see you again! " Ayame exclaimed and both of them shared a hug, a genuine smile plastered on Touka's face.

"Its nice to see you too. " then they broke apart, Touka's gaze directed to me, a cold glare.

" How's Ichika?" Ayame asked

"She's doing quite alright. She's at school right now." Kaneki replied

"Thats great!"

"And who's this?" Touka asked in which Ayame's grin widened and sauntered to me, slinging an arm over my shoulders

"Guys this is Charlotte Anslow! Charlie, meet Touka and Kaneki. They're my friends. " introduced Ayame, so these were the people she told me about
"They own this shop."

"Charlotte? I-" Touka's words were cut off when a brown haired guy with glasses came in from the back.

"What the fu---Ayame?" He blinked at us.

" He's Nishiki right?" I asked my friend

"Yeah. I did tell you about him." she chuckled " Hey Nishiki. This is Charlotte."

"I know. " He just huffed and stomped back to the room he first came out from.

"Ayame, can we talk? It seems like we have a lot to catch up on. " Touka pulled Ayame aside. Yet I could never miss the confused look on her face and was immediately masked by something happpy.

"Oh sure." They went to the back of the shop not when her head poked out again "While were at it, Kaneki mind to keep her company a bit, yeah? "

"Of course." Kaneki smiled and turned to me " What would you like to have?"

"Uh, I'll just have some cappuccino and a cheesecake if that's fine." I reply and glance out the window to find people going about. I couldnt help but to notice a few people who expressed so much joy in the small things they have. From the food they held to the things they bought, their happiness was vibrant. I smiled fondly as a little girl from across the street waved at me.