Seven

Charlotte

...

I groaned from the nudges delivered to my side, I blocking the person's voice by burrowing myself further into the thick blanket and soft pillows. I sooner felt cold air touch my skin as the covers were ripped from me and the feeling of the soft mattress gone, only to have myself fall onto the carpeted floor, subtle pain rushed to my arm as I sat up. I glared at a rather victorious looking Ayame at the other side of my bed, freshened up and fully dressed in a simple bohemian outfit.

"What the hell?" I scowl at her, picking myself up from the floor and stretching

"Get ready missy because Tsukiyama is waiting along with breakfast and we will be visiting a few destinations." she replied, turning towards the small living room. I felt excited at the idea of finally getting to explore Tokyo had me rushing into the bathroom in a minute. The giddy feeling still remaired as I got dressed right after bathing in cream colored walking shorts and a baby blue oxford top. I pulled on some socks and slipped on my pair of black Dr. Martens. I grabbed a hair tie, my phone and purse, joining Ayame who stood beside the door.

"Finally come to join us for breakfast loves?" Tsukiyama waved at them from the table that overlooked the city as we entered the rooftop's premises, the table already ladden with food. "The food was about to go cold."

"Blame her for sleeping in." Ayame pointed at me as she sat beside Tsukiyama as I sat opposite to them.

" I hate you." I mumble and pick up my fork, about to stab the pancake until a hand grabbed my wrist gently.

" Not yet dear. We still have another guest" he said with a frown "Who is quite running late."

Ayame groaned from beside him as she crossed her arms, folding it like a sulking child denied her candy. I apologized as I set down my fork, my eyes averting from his purple ones to the city. People wandered about, rushing towards their work places while some walked about as if they were exploring. Glass panes on the buildings glimmered in the morning sun as a flock of doves flew past us.

"Sorry Im late." a rushed voice interrupted my peaceful viewing. I turned to see an unexpected guest.
They donned a plain white v-neck shirt that hung loosely around their body, showing the multiple tattoos that covered their pale arms, black jeans and black army boots. Hair messily tied yet they still looked effortlessly dashing.

"Uta?" Ayame gasped in disbelief as he sat beside me "What are you-"

"Before you start cussing this man out, I invited him here." Tsukiyama cut her off, I wouldnt be surprised if he knew him but Ayame was an eye opener.

"Whatever. Im eating ahead." she shrugs, returning back to her usual mood and began eating. Tsukiyama following suit as he motioned for us to eat.

"Hello." I greet the man beside me as he finished taking a sip of his tea.

"Hey." the corners of his mouth lifted up in a soft smile, the piercing on his mouth I just now noticed, glinted in the sunlight, earning a small glow. " I apologize for leaving in a rush yesterday, Charlotte."

"Oh dont mention it. It was probably something important." I shook my head at his unnecessary apology. I eyed the latin tattoo on his neck along with the rest of his piercings on the ears and beside his left eye.
The pancake tasted great as I ate a forkful of the soft food. I hummed in satisfaction as I took another.

"You seem to love the souffle pancakes huh." Uta chuckled softly beside me as he raised a spoonful of whipped cream off the plate and into his mouth.

"Its my first time eating these actually. I think I love them."

His smile turned upside down as if the whipped cream was spoilt but immediately masked as the smile returned but it was never anywhere pleasent, it seemed forced. I blinked at this but decided not to ask him.

" So Ayame, where do you decide to take Charlotte for today? " Tsukiyama broke the second lived silence as he set his utensils down, signalling he was done with his meal. I finished mine as Ayame let out an unladylike burp as she wiped her lips.

" Well, just around the tourist spots first then the places who serves the best food." she replies. I beamed at her for suggesting food.

" Maybe you could have Uta to accompany you around? A lot has changed after five years after all." Tsukiyama offered, pointing at the man beside me to which Ayame turned down immediately.

" We can manage."

" Oh but I insist." Tsukiyama pouted "Please?"

" No."

" Ill lend you my credit card and my driver." it was my turn to turn down the offer, we have enough money after all but it seemed that it bought Ayame

" Deal."