Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Quitted

I yawn as I hung my bag on my right shoulder. I glanced at my wristwatch and it says, 5:34 pm.

I can feel that someone nudged me from behind so I was forced to step forward and my ankle kinda of twisted with that move. Agad kong tiningnan ng masama ang gumawa neto sa akin and she was just smiling at me, Umupo ako ng bahagya at hinawakan ang ankle ko. It somehow hurt so I massaged it.

"Hala!? Nasaktan ka?" Concern were written all over her face. Alam ko namang hindi niya gustong masaktan ako sa ginawa niya. I was just standing there and she nudged me kaya napilitan akong tumapak paharap kaya medyo nabigla ang ankle ko, It was a bad step. I looked up at her and shook my head with enough disbelief on my face, Tumayo ako.

"Ay hindi, Laxa! Hindi ako nasaktan! Okay lang ako!" I said and stomped my feet to check if it's okay already. Meron akong naramdaman ng kakaunting sakit but I can keep up with it. Laxa, on the other hand, were still looking at me with her anxious face.

I've been with her since our day one here on Fancy, a magazine company. All the things I planned happened and I was happy with it. Not with my Dad, though. Nagsimula na akong maglakad, I kinda struggling to walk with this 4 inches heels and an injured and hurt ankle. Naramdaman ko ang pagdikit sa akin ni Laxa, I was limping so she's slowing down her pace.

"Uy, sorry na!" She said but I didn't mind her, I didn't even throw a glance on her kaya lalo niyang tinusok ang gilid ng tiyan ko, I glared at her and she smiled at me.

Napakabungisngis talaga neto! We were like Yin and Yang. I'm totally off with others samantalang siya ay sobrang friendly! I'm the bitchy woman and she's the cheerful one. Buti nga napagtitiisan pa niya ang ugali ko, The other trainees loathes me, Because they can't stand my beauty, Ang pangit kasi nila!

I've been with Laxa for 2 months and more already. I survived her annoying face throughout our practicum. She came from another university, She's so annoying and so bubbly. Iyong tipong hindi nawawalan ng energy, really.

Bumukas ang elevator at agad naman nagsipasukan ang mga kasama naming naghihintay, Agad din akong hinatak ni Laxa and I even yelped in pain because of my ankle. Uwian na kasi kaya ganito. I remember my struggle on my first week here, I told you, I'm not good on socializing with others.

Our practicum were full of secretary deeds. Utos rito utos doon! Minsan napupunta rin ako sa Creative department and somehow I learn something. That should be like that! Hindi iyong nagpracticum ako para lang utusan ng mga regular employee. Nang bumukas ang elevator ay pabilisan din silang lumabas, They are so feisty. Hatak hatak pa rin ako ni Laxa palabas ng lift. Lagi naman ganito e!

"Ano ba 'yan! Malapit na matapos yung practicum natin, Hindi ka pa rin marunong makipagsiksikan sa elevator! Pano kapag magkocommute ka!?" Sigaw niya sa harap at bumagsak ang balikat niya the moment she realized what she said to me.

"Oo nga pala, You don't commute dahil may car ka. Ikaw na ang yamings!" She moved her hands infront of me, Umiling nalang ako sa kanya.