Chapter Thirty-Eight

Opening

"Where are you?" I hummed and my eyes roamed around, I'm looking for brown sugar but I can't find it. Hinila ko ang cart gamit ang isang kamay dahil hawak ng isa ko ang cellphone na nakatapat sa kanang tenga ko.

"Supermarket," Simple kong sagot and I heard a screeching sound on his background kaya medyo inilayo ko ang cellphone sa tenga ko.

"Ikaw? Where are you? Bakit maingay?" Tanong ko.

"I'm at Onyx already," Sagot niya.

"That early!?" Seryoso ba siya? Ang usapan namin ay mga alas otso y media ng gabi and the clock just hitted 5!

"Oo? Bakit?" Napangiwi ako sa kanyang sagot.

"You're crazy, Ang aga aga pa!" I heard him chuckled on the other line and I felt the butterflies break loose on my stomach. How can his voice sounds so sexy!? Then I realized he's a singer, I really love hear him talk through the phone. Sobrang sexy kasi at ang sarap pakinggan!

"I just missed Onyx," Katwiran niya at napailing ako.

"Sus! Just tell me you're that excited to see me," Tumawa ulit siya and I bit my lip trying to stop myself from smiling. Just hearing his laugh makes my whole system go crazy. Jao is really something... something that my heart and soul already knew from the very start.

"Oops, Buking na ata ako," Aniya at natawa na rin ako, I never really thought that he can crack jokes like that. There are really things that I still don't know about him, I guess.

"Baliw! Sige na, I'm gonna hung up! See you later, Mister," Paalam ko, Hindi ko na hinintay pa ang sagot niya at pinutol na agad ang tawag. Ibinalik ko ang cellphone sa bag ko at tinignan ang mga nailagay ko na sa cart. Sugar nalang ang kailangan, where the hell is that thing located?

Napangiti ako nang maalala ko si Jao, Sobrang aga palang ay nandun na siya sa Onyx! He's really crazy! Napagusapan kasi namin na magkita sa Onyx mamayang gabi, We haven't saw each other for three consecutive days already because of our own works. Kakabalik palang ni Jao kanina galing sa Batangas, where their field project are located and he demands to see me.

Sa sobrang excited niyang makita ako ay sobrang aga niya pumunta sa Onyx, That man! I licked my lips and gripped my hand to the cart tighter and effortly push it to right dahil liliko ako pero hindi pa ako kumpletong nakaliko ay napatigil na agad ako dahil may nabunggo ata akong cart.

When I held up my gaze ay pinagsisihan ko nang tumingin pa ako para malaman kung sino iyon. Laxa. Seeing her makes me want to puke right infront of her, That is for the friendship that I thought was true. It's the best act to do infront of her to remind how trashy she is, How unclassy she became. I never thought she'll become like that. I never thought love can change you just like that, That it turned you to a monster...

Love is destructive. I've been destroyed, ruined and wrecked by that word, At every possible way. I was shot by a million of bullets, Was killed by painful aftershocks and was hurt by the remaining scars which reminds me of that stupid war I've been through.