XXI.

(Anybody's POV)

"Red can you please stop messing wit the elevator buttons. You bein real childish." Jay said shaking her head at him.

"Lil Red I am a kid at heart okay? Let me be great."

The elevator finally came and they all stepped on. They got to Jay's loft and they all walked in as she closed the door behind them.

"I gotta shower and stuff so I'll be back. Don't do nothin stupid y'all." Jay said as she dropped her bag and walked into her room.

"I'm comin to help!" Chris said aloud as he followed her.

"They nasty... But I guess we raised Chris right." Red said as August agreed.

Chris' phone vibrated on the couch indicating that he received a text.

"Who is it Aug?"

"Dat skank... She really pissin me off mane." August said letting Red know that it was Malorie.

"Why won't she just leave him alone." Red said taking the phone from August and texting back.

Don't Answer😒: Chris when can I see you again? I know you miss me... I got a special surprise for you that the other hoe can't give😏

Chris(Red): listen here you lil piece of 💩. I would call you the real thing but Imma b nice today. No nigga on this side of the phone ever liked you. Let Chris live his life & jus leave him alone. Don't make me treat you like I treated you the last time we saw each other. So take yo thottish ways sum where else. Oh and this is Red by tha way. Have a blessed day😎

Red sent the text and locked the phone. He chuckled aloud to himself.

"Nigga lemme see what you said." August said reaching for the phone.

Red gave him the phone and as August read, a smile appeared on his face.

"Haha my nigga..." August said in his Denzel Washington voice.

(In the room)

"Can I please please get in with you??"

Jay was in the bathroom taking off her clothes as Chris was pleading.

"Chris... For why?"

"Nigga.... You cannot say for why.... That ain't proper grammar. I promise that I'm gonna sign you up for 1st grade again."

"That's why you ain't getting in with me... Sign that up." She said walking away from him and stepping in the shower.

"You know what... You don't tell me no... I'm getting in this shower." Chris said taking off his clothes.

"Oh my gosh Chris stop playinnnn." She said laughing aloud.

"Nah I'm getting in... You don't tell daddy no. I do what I wanna do."

He was about to step in until Jay's phone rang on the sink.

"Pass it to me... Who is it?" She asked.

"It's your brother." Chris said stepping in and handing it to her. Since Jay was right near the water, he switched places with her so she wouldn't get her phone wet.

"Hey how are you?" She said answering the phone.

"I'm cool... I'm makin sure you doin okay." Her brother said talking into the phone.

"Yeah I'm cool... You still overseas?"

"Nah... I'm at one of the Naval bases in San Diego actually."