XIX.

(Jay's POV)

The memories of Jacob and me really took a toll on my mind.

"Whatchu mean you can't be wit me? Open up the door." I heard Chris say from the other side.

"Sis jus come out n talk." I heard August say.

Tears started flowing down my face. I almost took my life because I was experiencing the depression all over again. It took me so long to forget, but it came rushing like raging waters.

"I'm sorry Chris but I can't let it happen again."

After I said that, I heard nothing but silence. Until there was another knock at the door.

"Sis open up, it's just me... I jus wanna talk to ya." I heard August say outside the door.

"Chris is gonna be pissed if I let you in and not him."

"He's doin somethin else right now... Nigga let me in... This is my house." He said as I heard him chuckling.

I unlocked the door and he walked in. He sat down on the bathroom floor across from me.

"What happened back there?Whatchu mean you can't be wit Chris?"

"I'm scared of getting my heart broken again."

"What happened?"

(After giving a summary of me and Jacob)

"Jay... You know you can trust me right?"
He asked getting my full attention.

"Yeah August." I said looking down.

"Nah, I need you to look at me and listen."

I looked up to him as his expression was unreadable. He was trying to find a way to gather his words.

"No matter what, you cannot live in the past foreva. If you live in the past, you can't build a future wit somebody else." I took a deep breath and tried to take in what he was saying.

"The thought of what happened just still lingers in my mind ya know?" I said putting my head down. I felt him scoot closer to me and put my chin up to look at him.

"I know you can't let go of somebody you love that easily okay? I get dat. But, in the end, dat nigga messed up wit somebody special. Errthang he did was his fault ya heard me? Not yours. So, you don't need to be depressed and cryin over a nigga dat don't benefit anything to your life. You wanna know why?"

"Why?"

"Cause you got a whole nother person in there trynna make things right wit you. Like I said, you can't build a future stayin in the past ight? Chris really cares about you and his feelings are constantly growing." He said looking at me in my eyes as I looked down at my hands.

"You right."

"Yeah you know I'm right." He said chuckling and pushing me.

"Okay don't get cocky now Mr. Alsina" I said as a smile appeared on my face.

"Yeah that's the smile I wanna see. Now please don't let that crazy nigga in there go. You mean a lot to him. Go and make somethin out of it and make ya brotha proud to have a little sista." August said standing up. He held his hand out to help me stand. When I stood, he set his hand on top of my wet hair.

"Now when you open dis door, I want you to go into you and Chris' room and follow all of his directions. Listen to him...Talk things out wit him n see where things go. Give him a chance please." August said giving me a hug.

"Thanks Aug... I can always count on you to talk to." I said letting go.

"It's goody... I'm always here for ya... I'll see you later on tonight.. Oh n by da way, Red was downstairs smokin weed. When you come down later, if you do, make sure you get him good cause he said you wasn't gone do nothin bout it." August said laughing and opening up the door.