Chapter 12

Dedicated to flvsstudent because she's just an amazing person! I love chatting with her! Ooh and if you guys could please check out her stories too, I'd be really happy! Thanks guys! =)

“Kat!” I yelled holding up the hot pink, stringy… shirt? No, this did not classify as a shirt, at all! “What the hell is this?” I narrowed my eyes at my smug best friend, who was currently throwing random clothes at me.

“A shirt?” she said in her ‘duh’ tone as she glanced back at me for a second. I glared at her and threw it back at her.

“I’m fine the way I am. I don’t need to be ‘dolled’ up” I quote her, making quotation marks in the air for the words ‘dolled’.

I didn’t have a problem with dressing up; on the contrary I actually love shopping and new clothes and shoes? I mean who can so no to that right? Exactly. No the reason why I was a bit bummed out was…well I thought I looked nice as it is. Well for an occasion such as this anyway.  I didn’t wanna get ready and everything just to get disappointed when it’s just a casual lunch, I mean who’d appreciate that right? No one.  Just getting all ‘dolled’ up would just be a further disappointment you know?

She glances at me for a second. “Sure, but you’re going on a date with Jayden” she stresses. “You can’t go like that” Like that?! I look perfectly fine. And ugh, must she emphasize date and Jayden like that? I get it the first time, thank you very much.

“It’s not a date” I grumble half heartedly.

“Right, it’s a magical ride on a unicorn in fairy land” she says sarcastically, while throwing an ugly yellow dress with floral patterns on it. I dodge it swiftly but that just causes a dark blue and red skirt to hit my face. That’s it.

“Katrina Noelle Parker!” I storm. “Fine, fine, fine, fine…” I start yelling, my voice going higher with each word. “But I will pick out my own damn outfit”

I go around the aisle towards where the dresses are. Hmm… where’s the light color selection. I go towards the small white selection of dresses. I quickly sift through them. Kat appears next to me in a minute, her face glowing with happiness as she pinches and pats my cheeks and then goes through the rest of the dresses, holding up a few she likes.

I’m almost through with the collection and am about to proceed to the next rack full of light pink dresses when I stop. I find myself involuntarily grinning as I slowly reach towards the white dress and grab the hanger, pulling it off the rack and admiring it.

It was a halter neck dress that would fit me tightly till below my bust, where a black sash was and then it flowed down to my mid thigh. It was perfect, simple and extravagant at the same time. It wasn’t too tight fitting that I looked like I was suffocating and it wasn’t too loose so I looked like I’d put a potato sack on. It was perfect!

I don’t even know why I was bothering so much with dressing up. I mean it’s not a date and both us clearly don’t consider it one. Right? Right. I decided not to dwell on it too much, and just took the dress with me to the dressing room.

I opened the door and locked it before shrugging out of my jeans and shirt quickly, hanging up my scarf too. Countless shopping trips with Kat had made sure of that, my record being changing my complete outfit in 3 minutes flat. Since I wasn’t on that tight of a schedule, I didn’t try for that and instead slowly put on the beautiful dress.

Once done, I did a twirl in the mirror for myself. Wow, I must say I looked gorgeous! Deciding to keep my scarf, I put it on. Nice. I strolled out and Kat was standing outside, her arms crossed in front of herself. When she saw me, she grinned. She looked just like the Cheshire cat, no joke. I twirled and did a curtsy for her too.