Chapter 1

Dedicated to Teacup76 for making the cover I'm currently using !!!!!!! Thanx a lot !!!!!!!!!

‘’Happy birthday sis!’’ yelled someone, remotely close to my ear, jumping up and down on my bed. I groaned and opened my eyes. My vision completely blinded by the sun, I blinked several times before sitting up, and stretching my arms above my head.

I looked at my twelve year old sister, sitting on my bed expectantly, with a card and wrapped up present in her hands. I matched my grin to hers. It was February 2nd, otherwise known as my birthday!

‘’I’m finally 18! A legal adult, finally!’’ I squealed, throwing my arms around Cynthia. She hugged me back, laughing at my childish behavior. Well could you blame me?

‘’Hate to break it to you, but you’re not exactly legal enough to drink yet,’’ Cyn stated, smiling. I gave her a dry look pulling away.

‘’Has it ever stopped me before? Now let me have my fun!’’ I exclaimed.

Just then something buzzed. It sounded a lot like my phone's ringtone but it came out muffled. I detached myself from Cynthia before getting out of bed and looking around my room for my phone. I finally found it in a pair of stockings under my bed. How did it manage to get there? I pulled it out and scrolled down to read the new text.

From: Kat

Happy bday! Howz it feel to finally be 18? I'll ttyl at skool. Bye xoxo

I frowned just reading about it. School would be crazy today...

‘’Whats wrong Riley?’’ asked Cynthia, cocking her head to the side, her sapphire eyes, the exact shape and color as my eyes, searching me mysteriously. We got our eyes from our mom. I shook my head and smiled back at her.

‘’Nothin Cyn, anyway can I have my present now?’’ I asked, holding my hand out, palm facing upwards with a eager smile on my face. She shook her head, causing her long brown hair to also shake in the process.

‘’Not now…go freshen up, and I’ll meet you downstairs for breakfast.’’ and with that she bolted out of my room. I laughed and headed for my en suite bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw my reflection. My midnight black hair was pointing up in all directions, my eyes were still a little hazy, since I just got up and a slight blush to my otherwise light tanned face.

I sighed and put the toothpaste on my toothbrush and brushed my teeth before stripping out of my clothes and turning on the warm shower. Once I was done, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my body and another to my hair. I walked back to my room, and went through the other door, which led to my walk in closet. I looked around before making my way to the last cupboard and picked out my dark denim shorts.

Next I turned to the rack full of tank tops of every possible hue and picked out a dark blue tank top and put it on quickly. Next I turned to the opposite wall that was filled with shelves and on these shelves were all my boots and heels. I picked out my favourite knee high grey boots and put them on too.

I walked out and over to my dressing table, and opened my jewelry box. I took out my mom’s chain. It was a simple silver, heart locket that had a picture of me and her, when I was 5, inside. I put that on and also put on some silver hoop earrings. I plugged in my blow dryer and dried my hair till it fell in slight curls down to midriff.

Next I put on some mascara and brown eyeliner that made my eyes pop and a little pink lip gloss. Satisfied with my appearance, I grabbed my grey, beaten up, messenger bag, and walked out my room and skipped down the stairs till I made it to the kitchen. I dropped my bag on the table slowly not making any noise.