Chapter 11

Dedicated to my non-biological sister who's currently living halfway across the world from me! I miss her like hell !!!!!!! Wish you were here! =')

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

I woke up in the middle of the night, with a startle. Huh? I cocked my head to the side and looked around. I was in my room, and I was on my bed…wearing Jayden’s shirt from yesterday. What the hell? How did I get here and in this position, I mean the last thing I remember is getting a drink at my party. I sat up quickly and immediately regretted it, and let out a soft moan. One word.

Hangover.

Ever experienced one? Well let me tell you, it feels like shit, quite literally. And that was actually surprising for me, cause well I don’t think I drank a lot, I mean one can right? Well I don’t exactly remember the rest, but I don’t think I did…well I hope so anyway.

My train of jumbled and confused thoughts was cut off when I heard a movement on the right side of my bed. What was that? Okay, Riley, don’t panic. The door is to your left, so if necessary you can make a quick exit…or you could always scream. Before I could think into it too much, a head with messy hair came into view.

The moonlight coming in through the French doors of my balcony fell on that messy head, making it look like he had beautiful pale hair. It was only when he turned his head around a little did I make out the striking green eyes. I gasped. It was completely still so my voice carried a little.

He turned his head sharply to me, and confirmed my suspicions.

It was Jayden.

But what was he doing here? In my room, to be more specific. Jayden in my room, and I was wearing only a shirt! I gasped again and covered myself with my blanket up till my chin.

‘’Wh-what are y-you… doing here?’’ I stuttered. Damn.

Me? And stuttering? I scolded myself, must be the hangover effects. No, I cleared my throat and willed myself to calm down, and not freak out. He scratched the back of his neck.

‘’Uh, what’s the last thing you remember?’’ he answered my question with a question.

‘’Um…’’ I racked my brain. I’m sure I’m missing something… ‘’Getting a drink, I think’’ I say, trying sit up slowly on the bed. Jayden stands up immediately, helping me sit up. I lean my back and head on the headboard, closing my eyes, as I suddenly get dizzy. He hesitantly sits on the edge.

‘’Do you want something? A drink or whatever?’’ he asks.

‘’Mmm’’ I mumble. He waits for me to continue. ‘’No’’ I mutter, opening my eyes when the dizziness goes away. He awkwardly sits there for a minute. I sigh and scoot closer and grab his hand. Startled his eyes fly to mine, looking at me in question. I give him a small smile back and tug his hand. He keeps staring at me with a faraway expression. I sigh again, but this time in annoyance.

‘’Honestly Jayden, come sit here will you’’ I order him, patting the right side of my bed. He awkwardly moves till he’s sitting next to me, his back also to the headboard and both of us staring ahead.

‘’You know, I don’t think I can sleep now. I feel so awake’’ I mumble, silently grabbing his hand and aimlessly drawing patterns with my thumb on his palm. He relaxes further and nods.

‘’So what do you wanna do?’’ he asks after a minute of silence. I shrug.

‘’How bout 20 questions?’’

‘’Sure’’

‘’Okay, I’ll go first’’ I said. He nods. ‘’Um…what’s your favorite color?’’ I ask the first question that comes to mind. I mentally slap myself. Really Riley, real original. Oh god, I bet he thinks I’m a complete idiot now. But to my surprise he chuckles.