Chapter 10

~KAYLA'S POV~

"We need paint." Louis said scanning the once empty guest room. He insisted that I had my own bedroom and that I could take the guest room. I told him I could sleep on the couch but he said the couch was about as comfy as a sack of potatoes. Rose was currently at Maddy's because we wanted some alone time. The guest room, also known as my new room, was all decorated with my old things. One side had my wooden white desk packed with some of my favorite books and loads and loads of old picture albums. My curtains were the drape floral kind, and I managed to squeeze in a hot pink beanbag. It didn't really go with the theme of my new room, but it's where I do all my reading. All my clothes, which isn't a lot, were stuffed into a normal NOT WALK IN closet and drawers. It used to be a guest room, so why would there be a connected walk in closet? But there was a connected bathroom. My blankets and pillows were a light shade of lavender.

"No. White is fine." I assured him.

"No it's not. It's so plain." He said.

"It's fine." I repeated.

"Are you sure?" Louis asked again.

"YES!"

"Okay okay!" Louis put both hands up into the air as if to surrender.

"Now come on," I said pushing him into the kitchen where all the boxes were stacked, we still have loads of stuff."

"Useless stuff," Louis coughed.

"Don't say that!" I snapped. "Now come on we only like unpacked half of the boxes." Louis stacked up five boxes and carried them to my room, while I carried the rest, which was only three. Once I dropped them into my room, I ripped off the tape of one of the boxes. This box consisted of my antique stuff. Well, almost all of the boxes contained my antique stuff.

"OH MY LORD!" Louis said running away from that box.

"What?" I asked. I walked over to look in the box. Haha, the box had all my Halloween decorations in them.

"THE WHY DO YOU HAVE THAT?" He asked.

"Halloween. Duh?" I laughed.

"Oh," Louis stuttered only causing me to laugh more.

"You don't need to unpack that." I said as I closed the box and carried it out the door.

"Okay I'll help you unpack that." Louis said pointing at the box I was about to unpack.

"Um...actually we don't need to unpack anything else." I said. It was kind of true though. All that was left to unpack was my old junk.

"Oh okay." I said. "What are we going to do now?"

"Well," Louis started. "I was wondering if you wanted to go downtown London for lunch. You know, so we can get our relationship public. It's already over Twitter but just to make it official.

"Twitter?" I asked. I've heard of it but I never really payed much attention to social media sights. I once had an ask.fm page but it got loaded with hate, so I deleted it.

"You seriously don't have one?" Louis asked in awe. I shook my head and handed him my phone.

"Make me one." I said. Louis did some stuff with my phone before handing it back to me.

"Okay so you're account name is @Kayla_Wells and you're now following all the boys plus Maddy, Ashley, and Jenny. I can give you a shoutout if you want." Before I could tell him it's okay, my phone buzzed.

@Louis_Tomlinson: Follow my amazing girlfriend @Kayla_Wells.

Then, my phone started buzzing so much I dropped it onto the bed. "Woah." I said.

"Our fans are perfect" Louis said.

"A THOUSAND FOLLOWERS?" I screamed. Louis just smiled and nodded.

"Now come one, just us two today. I'm taking you to eat." Louis said.

"But I look awful!" It was true. I was in a oversized black sweatshirt, jeans, and ripped converse.

"No you look beautiful now come on!" My heart fluttered as he said those words.

**********************

"Louis! Who's this?" All I could see was cameras flashing all around us.

"Hold on to me," Louis said squeezing my hand as a sign of reassurance.

"Is this Kayla Wells?"

"Are you using this prostitute for sex?"

I saw Louis flinch a little at that hurtful comment. We reached the little Italian restaurant and sat down at a table.

"Sorry about the papparazzi." Louis apologized.

"It's okay." I said. "Let's order. I'm starving."

"Let's hope the waiter is a girl this time." Louis replied. I nodded.

"Hello. I'm Taylor, how may I help you?" Thank god it was a girl.

"I will have cola and spaghetti." Louis said.

"What about you?" The waiter smiled at me.

"Same." I smiled.

"I will be right back with your orders." Taylor said taking the menus back.

"Hey, isn't that your mum?" Louis asked. Something just had to go wrong on a first in three years date? Note the sarcasm.

"WHAT?" I turned my head around. Soon enough, I recognized the familiar women with the same blonde hair and hazel eyes as mine.

"We should call her over!" Louis waved his hand in the air and started screaming my mother's name before I could protest.

"LOUIS!" My mother exclaimed. "I haven't seen you in ages." My mother turned to me an then smiled like nothing ever happened. Like she didn't stand up for me when dad kicked me out. "Kayla! My god! You look amazing! I haven't seen you in forever! Where have you been?"

"Fine without you mum." I scolded.

"Oh. Okay then. I just want to tell you that after dad kicked you out."

"And you didn't help me," I added.

"Just listen Kayla. I divorced with him. I felt really bad and looked everywhere for you." Mum started.

"Um." Louis butt in, "We're actually dating."

"Really? Does he know about the baby?" Mum whispered.

"I know," Louis said. "But I have to make sure the paparazzi doesn't find out."

My mum just smiled and nodded. "Call me sometime. We need to make up for the time we lost." I nodded not really happy at the moment. She wanted to make up the time we lost? That's just complete bullshit.

"Okay so I have your spaghetti and cola," The waiter came back with our food. The food looked so good I just wanted to shove it all into my mouth, but I was a girl. So I have to have manners.

"Mind if I butt into the first date?" My mum laughed. I was going to reply with yes, we would mind but Louis thought it was fine.

"Go ahead." Louis said motioning for me to make room for my mum.

"I'm remarried." My mum just started out of the blue, "I have a stepson."

"Woah what?" I shrieked. "I have a bloody stepbrother?"

"Now you're in my situation back at the concert aren't you?" Louis questioned. It was true though. He found out he had a kid, while I found out I have a stepbrother.

"He's two years younger than you."

"He's 18?" I asked. Mum nodded.

"I would love to meet him." Louis said.

"Are you kidding?" I turned to face him.

"This is awkward so I'm going to go back to my table." My mum gave each of us a hug before heading back to her table.

"That was nice. She hasn't changed at all," Louis commented.

We finished the rest of the spaghetti and cola without another word.

"I'll pay," Louis said pulling out his wallet.

"No Louis, I'll pay," I snapped.

"This is a first date and I'm trying to be the man."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

Then I heard my phone buzz. I stopped to look down at my phone giving Louis enough time to pay.

From: Louissssss

Gotcha ;)

"You get my text?" Louis smirked.

"Hate you," I groaned.

"Love you." Louis put on this cheeky smile. It was meant as a joke but I loved hearing those words 'I Love You' coming out of his mouth,

"Whatever." I laughed. "Let's go. I want to get out of public ASAP."

"This isn't texting. We are talking so you have to say as soon as possible Kayla." Louis said our hands intertwining.

"Is that Kayla Wells?"

"That's your girlfriend right?"

"Louis, who's that?"

"Ew don't date her! Date me!"

Louis pulled me through the crowd back into his car.

"Sorry again." Louis apologized.

"It's okay. You get used to hate." I said.

"Wait, you've gotten hate before?" I shook my head.

"All I really want to do now is go back to your flat and read. It's quiet since Rose is with Maddy and Niall."

"We're almost there. Just a few more minutes." I nodded before resting my head on his shoulders.

___________________________________

A/N: Do you guys think I would be able to update twice? ALMOST 100 reads I'm freaking out. I know, compared to others, this isn't a lot, but I'm like a sucky writer, so it's pretty good for me. My other book has almost 600 reads. I really wanna get this fanfiction to 1K and possibly in the top 1000s! Would you guys help me? Thanks.

So I have to go to Chinese school. Yeh I'm Asian. Deal with ittt. But I SWEAR I'm not one of those Asian nerds with glasses that wears like mix matched yellow and purple clothes to school. I'm normal I swear! Haha just kidding BUT I DON'T DRESS LIKE THAT! I don't dress like a prostitute either. Don't worry. Hahahaha. Buh-bye

*Louis's Sassy Z-Formation*

XOXO,
Ashley Diana Payne